PDA

View Full Version : Got a second car coming...

Phate
15-01-09, 04:10 PM
And no it's not another 180!

Unfortunately :cry:

However, for my new job which I've finally started I now have to commute all over London and Kent, and leave my car in really rough areas at times...

So obviously doing 100odd miles a day in a car which gets 20mpg (damn my lead foot) just isn't going to work.

And also leaving my usually mint (no comments needed here) car in some 'dodgy' places to say the least....I'm not too keen on.

So I placed a call to Dad and said "I need something cheap, reliable and economical"

I get a call 10 minutes later "do you want to buy it?"

when he says 'it' I knew exactly what he meant....so I asked him how much and agreed.

Ladys and gents my next car is....

wait for it......

A MAESTRO
:yoji:

it's got a 2.0 Turbo Diesel engine, the car is dark blue with green mouldy bits, it's got several coffee mugs on the floor and the radio crackles and barely works, it's also an absolute **** heap...

I paid.....thirty quid....yep, that's right....thirty quid - it gets 60mpg, I can leave it anywhere....it was left in a rough city centre for 2 days with the key in it and it wasn't stolen (was trying to prove a point to Dad it's unickable)

It's perfect :D

I'll get pictures when it's actually mine...

Plans for it?

I'm going to sort the sound system out, the whole car vibrates some due to half of it falling apart, as long as I can plug my phone in and not listen to constant crackling that'll be fine.

And maybe make it as tacky as possible...I'm thinking undercar neons, cheap halfords spinners, blue LED's on the bonnet...the lot :D

Anyway, I might have a picture of it somewhere...I gotta go but thought I'd let you guys know.

buhbye!

vinny1979
15-01-09, 04:18 PM
love it, good car great engine

sduk
15-01-09, 04:52 PM
v nice! you could spend a wee bit of money on it and clean it up and make it nice :)

RalphG
15-01-09, 04:54 PM
I suspect it may gain some interest if left on our forecourt. One of our customers is deeply into Maestros. He owns the Opaline one that is in our showroom and is supposedly the lowest mileage Maestro in private hands. The only Maestro with lower mileage, so he tells me, is the one at Gaydon.

vinny1979
15-01-09, 05:02 PM
how many miles?

Phate
15-01-09, 05:46 PM
Hehe, I'll bring it down to you guys one day next week Ralph for a chat :)

Phate
15-01-09, 05:47 PM
v nice! you could spend a wee bit of money on it and clean it up and make it nice :)

Don't really planning on spending any money on it, only if it needs it to keep working.

The tacky stuff is exactly that, tacky - therefore, cheap. So it'll be "I'm bored today, let's stick neons on the maestro!" :smile2:

marts66
15-01-09, 05:57 PM
And no it's not another 180!

Unfortunately :cry:

However, for my new job which I've finally started I now have to commute all over London and Kent, and leave my car in really rough areas at times...

So obviously doing 100odd miles a day in a car which gets 20mpg (damn my lead foot) just isn't going to work.

And also leaving my usually mint (no comments needed here) car in some 'dodgy' places to say the least....I'm not too keen on.

So I placed a call to Dad and said "I need something cheap, reliable and economical"

I get a call 10 minutes later "do you want to buy it?"

when he says 'it' I knew exactly what he meant....so I asked him how much and agreed.

Ladys and gents my next car is....

wait for it......

A MAESTRO
:yoji:

it's got a 2.0 Turbo Diesel engine, the car is dark blue with green mouldy bits, it's got several coffee mugs on the floor and the radio crackles and barely works, it's also an absolute **** heap...

I paid.....thirty quid....yep, that's right....thirty quid - it gets 60mpg, I can leave it anywhere....it was left in a rough city centre for 2 days with the key in it and it wasn't stolen (was trying to prove a point to Dad it's unickable)

It's perfect :D

I'll get pictures when it's actually mine...

Plans for it?

I'm going to sort the sound system out, the whole car vibrates some due to half of it falling apart, as long as I can plug my phone in and not listen to constant crackling that'll be fine.

And maybe make it as tacky as possible...I'm thinking undercar neons, cheap halfords spinners, blue LED's on the bonnet...the lot :D

Anyway, I might have a picture of it somewhere...I gotta go but thought I'd let you guys know.

buhbye!

Ha ha, get on with it fella. When you've done with it, stick it on max p...I'm sure you'll get a bidder. :)

chriszs180
15-01-09, 06:05 PM
i've got some neons i did think aboutages ago in the loft put one on and it fell off didnt bother with the rest and its been in my loft for years....
ha ha was thinking about using them in my sons room to light under his bed......

Phate
15-01-09, 06:07 PM
You know you want to give them to me really ;)

What colour are they?

Stephen
15-01-09, 06:12 PM
Good Luck with her!! I have the brother of the Maestro.

talkingcars
15-01-09, 06:34 PM
Get your self over to www.triple-m.co.uk , you'd be suprised how popular they are.

The 2.0 tubby weasel isn't a bad car either, we had one for a year before selling it to a guy from Holland who came over, took the engine out for his land rover and gave me the shell back, I have sold quite a bit of the rest of it to various people including to the owner of the former Gaydon car, a 3000 mile example.

In it's time my T16 maestro has had red neons and multi coloured washer jets, it may well get them back.

Enjoy, they are not as bad as people want them to be.

Nor
15-01-09, 06:35 PM
Great motor to buy :thumbup:

talkingcars
15-01-09, 06:36 PM
I should add that you can add quite a bit of power by adjusting the fuel pump, you should find details on triple-m.........

Phate
15-01-09, 06:55 PM
Thanks Talkingcars I don't really plan on modifying it for performance. I want reliability and don't want it compensated...

Thanks anyway though!

talkingcars
15-01-09, 08:33 PM
still worth visiting triple-m
(did I mention I was a founding member and moderator ;))

marts66
15-01-09, 08:38 PM
still worth visiting triple-m
(did I mention I was a founding member and moderator ;))

Nah, couldn't have guessed ;)