PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

marts66
15-01-09, 06:11 PM
:wall: Are there many more 120 owners? I feel that the 180 is getting way too much exposure here and would love to hear more from peeps with the 120. Yeah yeah, I know should 've could've but we have what we have, lets celebrate this a little.

Apparently we are quicker off the line for the first few seconds than the 180s....woop woop....er we don't have such hefty insurance premiums...again woop and er.......er......er...ah ha! we (apparently) don't have as much tyre wear and fuel consumption issues...contributions for the 120 appreciation society welcome.
:) :)

grimmy
15-01-09, 06:26 PM
I used to have a 120 and totally loved it the only brand new car i have ever owned it was a mk1 trophy blue job would still have it if i never seen my mk2 180 for much cheapness.

RudeDogg1
15-01-09, 06:39 PM
I have a MK1 120+ in trophy blue

Bobdope2002
15-01-09, 06:43 PM
i had a mk1 120 in anthricite wish id never sold it was the best car i owned wish id never sold it TBH.

afcbadam
15-01-09, 07:21 PM
Apparently we are quicker off the line for the first few seconds than the 180s....woop woop

no chance! :)

Alan.F
15-01-09, 07:43 PM
I still have my 120 and i do love it to bits and will shed a little tear for 30secs when it goes then get in the V6 and listen to that engine with a semi on LMAO

Seriously tho i will miss it when i put it up for sale at the end of the month as i have had her from new, but always wanted a 180 and FYI dont ask me why but its £50 cheaper to insure lol

marts66
15-01-09, 08:09 PM
Excellent, now I feel much better;
Still reckon the first 10 metres are mine ;)

Lighter engine 'n' all that !!!

stamford
16-01-09, 07:39 AM
Excellent, now I feel much better;
Still reckon the first 10 metres are mine ;)

Lighter engine 'n' all that !!!

Only 50kgs lighter ;)

120's or 180's it's horses for courses. I wouldn't have a smaller engined car as I have been there before and always go for the engine/car combination that allows easy driving and something in reserve when needed, the 180 gives that. If I had a 120 it may struggle in my hands and tire very quickly.

arwilson80
16-01-09, 08:51 AM
First few m's 'off the line' is down to driver reactions... :p

peterzs
16-01-09, 10:44 AM
First few m's 'off the line' is down to driver reactions... :p

You want to try it in a TD, I think paddle change would be a good mod as you hit the revs so quick. It's like as soon as you put it in gear you want the next.:happy2::happy2:

R8NMG
16-01-09, 10:54 AM
I used to have a 120 and totally loved it the only brand new car i have ever owned it was a mk1 trophy blue job would still have it if i never seen my mk2 180 for much cheapness.

Pretty much the same got a mk1 120 from new and it was the first ever car I bought too. When I was on other forums and having only a 120 I did feel I was left out abit and certainly didn't post as much as I am doing now but my post counts are never that many anyway. When the mk2 180 appeared I gotta have one and I have for the last 3.5 years.

The 120 is quite agile and especially the low down torque kicking in at only 2750rpm so it will pull well off the line initially. It still doesn't put a bigger smile on the face than a 180.

Stuart
16-01-09, 11:07 AM
The only time a 180 puts a big smile on my face is when i drive past filling up knowing ive still got a good few miles left in the tank no matter how fast i drive!! :D

"C'mon the tractors" :p

weagie
16-01-09, 04:15 PM
I agree! The 120 is the way forward. Love mine to bits and costs way less to run.

afcbadam
16-01-09, 04:17 PM
I agree! The 120 is the way forward. Love mine to bits and costs way less to run.

not a lot cheaper. some 120 owners get worse mpg out of it than i do my 180

afcbadam
16-01-09, 04:20 PM
dont ask me why but its £50 cheaper to insure lol

its strange how they work it out. my zs 180 is £700 cheaper to insure than my 1.8 mg zt i just got rid of.

me and my boss both have an identical van. engine size ect, he has alot more no claims 25 years older and my insurance is £12 cheaper. both with the same company aswell

marts66
16-01-09, 04:56 PM
Only 50kgs lighter ;)

120's or 180's it's horses for courses. I wouldn't have a smaller engined car as I have been there before and always go for the engine/car combination that allows easy driving and something in reserve when needed, the 180 gives that.

Fair play, I agree with you on that; Vickie Butler Henderson "there's no replacement for displacement"

[/QUOTE]If I had a 120 it may struggle in my hands and tire very quickly.[/QUOTE]

Ha, you just need to have the ability to adapt your driving style to them! :console::smartass::smart:

Southside_ZS
16-01-09, 05:10 PM
My 120 arrived today :) wont be on the road for a while though :(

weagie
16-01-09, 05:10 PM
Must admit tho i do kick the arse out it a bit but only because i find after a day in the van i want to jump in my own motor and let loose a bit, so i'm probably using more fuel than normal!

p_b82
17-01-09, 03:39 PM
You want to try it in a TD, I think paddle change would be a good mod as you hit the revs so quick. It's like as soon as you put it in gear you want the next.:happy2::happy2:

Well you can always launch it in second if you dont worry about the clutch wear ;)

or !st to get it moving, second to get to some speed and then as you change to third see the petrols fly past :'(

Though hopefully now the head has come off the damage has been identified (huge amounts of overheating munched the HG - and with hopefully some headstuds, and a wire&grooved head i should be able to give a 0-60 time to give a few petrols a scare....

possibly late 6's to early 7's :D

mattie007
17-01-09, 06:20 PM
I love my 120, just a shame the engines are so fragile.
If I could afford to run a 180, I would, but Im more than happy with just 120 horses! :punk:

peterzs
18-01-09, 08:28 PM
Well you can always launch it in second if you dont worry about the clutch wear ;)

or !st to get it moving, second to get to some speed and then as you change to third see the petrols fly past :'(

Though hopefully now the head has come off the damage has been identified (huge amounts of overheating munched the HG - and with hopefully some headstuds, and a wire&grooved head i should be able to give a 0-60 time to give a few petrols a scare....

possibly late 6's to early 7's :D

I think I'll stick to the rolling starts and not worry about the 0-60 time. What caused the overheating?:wave::wave::wave:

p_b82
18-01-09, 10:15 PM
getting greedy and injecting too much fuel in.... in all honesty it was not coolant overeheating, but the temps\pressures at ignition of the fuel lifting the head. the gap created then sucked the coolant through and the HG was compromised.

Ah well, we learn from our mistakes!