PDA

View Full Version : My car is getting wrecked!

Phate
16-01-09, 07:39 PM
So today I'm working. Driving in and out of all sorts of roads in London, watching my fuel gauge go down...nevermind :D

Anyway, this guy lives down this really thin and narrow road and there isn't even tarmac...it's lumpy mud...joy...so bouncing along it I hear the bottom of the car knock against the ground once or twice...nothing major...then I look up ahead.

Now picture this....it's steep up hill...conditions aren't ideal to say the least its muddy, I'm wheelspinning occasionally and keeping a steady pace so I don't risk sliding back....then I see where the road turns into tarmac....what must be 6inches higher than the rest of the road/mud

"F**K" Is all that went through my mind, I couldn't stop as I'd slid backwards and potentially damage a lot of cars in the process...I couldnt' slow down as I'd probably slid backwards and potentially damage a lot of cars in the process....

I HAD to keep going...I almost begin to cry....*bang*....car mounted it and I kept going....I pulled up shortly afterwards and looked at my front bumper. The bottom spoiler bit (I haven't fitted the splitter yet) is damaged and hanging down....

So now the car is damaged at the front and back....JOY. Ahhh well....I'll check out the damage in full tomorrow when I'm A)Not working B) in the daylight but hopefully I'll just need a new bottom lip bit...if anyones got a spare...let me know - Trophy Blue...ta

In the mean time....bring on the Maestro....save my car from London that is!!

I'll get a pic tomorrow....my car looks such a state at the minute :cry:

Ah well...least I'm not picking Rachel up till next week - gives me a chance to get it sorted :D

afcbadam
16-01-09, 07:43 PM
you like recking that car dont you mate!

TjP
16-01-09, 07:45 PM
Sounds like your having a really bad run of luck with the Zed atm :(

My drive (farm lane) is pretty fubar and Ive heard the odd scrape once or twice (Ive developed a particular route around all the bumps now!) but it sounds like you had to pretty much mount a curb head on! Ouch!

R8NMG
16-01-09, 09:24 PM
Anyway, this guy lives down this really thin and narrow road

If I was you I wouldn't visit this guy too often :smile1:

stamford
16-01-09, 10:35 PM
Sounds like you need a Landy!

peterzs
18-01-09, 08:56 PM
I think I saw that guy in the van hit the front, when he left the building site.:pirate2:

XPCobra
18-01-09, 09:09 PM
Sounds like you need a Landy!

Second that!

SharronB
18-01-09, 09:12 PM
Jeeze jake! you dont have much luck with ya car do you ?? :slap:

Phate
18-01-09, 11:19 PM
Jeeze jake! you dont have much luck with ya car do you ?? :slap:

Nope..

Not working this week so going to do everything I can to get it sorted and back into tip top condition.

arwilson80
19-01-09, 09:31 AM
I dreamed that mine got written off last night... Let's hope that's as far as it goes! :crazy:

But you need something a little higher and just as much fun...

I suggest a monster truck. :)

Zippy Saloon
19-01-09, 05:22 PM
Think you need something a little rougher than a Zed.

wilko66
19-01-09, 05:45 PM
jesus buddy whats your real name Lucky Jim:icecream:

Phate
19-01-09, 09:24 PM
I'll go take a couple of pics in a sec.

Blinky
19-01-09, 09:34 PM
dude...just read this and now i no why you asked and tried texting...and got your message buddy... if ya want anything i can be about at the weekend...and guess what....it just your colour....i could paint it pink if you really wanted to stand out tho HAHA :innocent::evil:

sent you a pm dude...

carmadbaker
19-01-09, 09:49 PM
have you contemplated perhaps a Centurion tank? :)

Phate
19-01-09, 09:56 PM
Blinky - your an absolute legend mate. Don't know how much I appreciate this :)

Dan - You busy Saturday? Need to borrow you! I'll txt you tomorrow bud.

Phate
19-01-09, 10:12 PM
Ok...heres an idea of how the car looks right now....It's hard to take pictures in pitch black by the way :p

http://www.je-design.co.uk/wreck/1.jpg

http://www.je-design.co.uk/wreck/2.jpg

:cry:

grimmy
19-01-09, 10:15 PM
Jesus thats a bit of a mess mate hope you get it sorted soon

Phate
19-01-09, 10:20 PM
Jesus thats a bit of a mess mate hope you get it sorted soon

Will be on Saturday hopefully :)

I'm having Blinkys rear bumper and if he likes me enough I might steal his front one as well :p

Just don't tell him :smile2:

grimmy
19-01-09, 10:27 PM
Will be on Saturday hopefully :)

I'm having Blinkys rear bumper and if he likes me enough I might steal his front one as well :p

Just don't tell him :smile2:
Thats handy

stamford
19-01-09, 10:51 PM
That is mullered! How many black cats did you run over during this?

Phate
19-01-09, 10:53 PM
That is mullered! How many black cats did you run over during this?

6 along with 4 small children.