PDA

View Full Version : Straps in boot!

idge2003
17-01-09, 03:49 PM
I have a mk1 180 hatch it has 2 black straps fixed to the drivers side trim panel!

Any ideas what these are for and what I have missing!

Brett

afcbadam
17-01-09, 03:57 PM
they are just travelling straps to hole things tight when travelling. not alot of point in them

Alan.F
17-01-09, 03:58 PM
they are to hold extras like a first aid kit etc iirc

afcbadam
17-01-09, 04:05 PM
yea things like that. i often put them through the handle of a bag ect m carrying in the boot to stop it rolling around and breaking...... great if you have been to asda and brought a loads of eggs

idge2003
17-01-09, 04:08 PM
Cheers as long as theres nothing that should of been there and is missing!

Brett

afcbadam
17-01-09, 04:12 PM
no ur not missing anything

talkingcars
17-01-09, 04:36 PM
yea things like that. i often put them through the handle of a bag ect m carrying in the boot to stop it rolling around and breaking...... great if you have been to asda and brought a loads of eggs

When we've been shopping we tend to fill the boot so no chance of the eggs rolling around, more likely to get crushed. :bounce:

rbull51
17-01-09, 05:48 PM
Wasnt there an option of a tyre repair kit if you were supplied with the space saver? Is that what could go there??

grimmy
17-01-09, 09:07 PM
Wasnt there an option of a tyre repair kit if you were supplied with the space saver? Is that what could go there??
The tyre repair kit sat in a piece of foam that sat in the spare wheel space i think the straps are just to hold any general gubbins that you don't want thrown around you boot when you are using the zeds handling to it's full potential,:mbounce:

Maxfly
17-01-09, 09:53 PM
The tyre repair kit sat in a piece of foam that sat in the spare wheel space i think the straps are just to hold any general gubbins that you don't want thrown around you boot when you are using the zeds handling to it's full potential,:mbounce:

think he wis meaning if you could get the tyre foam as an optional extra as well as the space saver would it go there, but don't think you could so as the Grimster says use it for holdin gubbins...........or goblins if ye find any;)

Maxxed_Ross
19-01-09, 08:19 AM
I used to use the front one for holding my XPower stool in place (it fits in there very nicely) and the back one used to gold my MG and XPower flags when they were rolled up

Jem
19-01-09, 08:23 AM
I have a first aid kit strapped in and a roll of paper.

Glen290
19-01-09, 08:46 AM
Bottle of water for washers etc in mine..

arwilson80
19-01-09, 09:13 AM
Nowt in mine but i have added another strap around the back seat stay to stop my trolley jack and a big box of bits and pieces flying about. :)