PDA

View Full Version : speakers

afcbadam
19-01-09, 07:08 PM
the speakers are on order. does anybody know the mouting depth of the front speakers as i have ordered shallow ones. and how are the rears removed.
where does the sound proofing stick. is it to the back of the door card or on the metal part of the door itself

rbull51
20-01-09, 01:41 PM
the speakers are on order. does anybody know the mouting depth of the front speakers as i have ordered shallow ones. and how are the rears removed.
where does the sound proofing stick. is it to the back of the door card or on the metal part of the door itself

That is a good question, i would also like to know if you stick it to the inside of the door or behind the speaker. It would be good to see some pictures if anyone has done this job. (what size speaers have you bought, as i bought 13cm ones and used the autoleads adaptor to makesure there was no issues with the speaker depth on the front doors.)

marts66
20-01-09, 05:02 PM
Probably will be too late when I post the pictures, but I have sony x plods in mine, direct replacement for the OE. I took my speaker out and showed it to the chaps in sounds alarming in newcastle and they found me one straight off. I can't post piccies as my 120 is having the motor rebuilt and it won't be ready for another week or two, but sony deffo do a direct replacement....no drilling...no connections needed adapting just out and in...if you know what I mean?

afcbadam
21-01-09, 07:06 PM
the rears have been fitted today and the difference is amazing. they are infinity 6522i. no amp needed. alot clearer and louder than standard and no more distortion when cranked up. tomorrow the fronts go in!

afcbadam
21-01-09, 09:23 PM
couldnt wait untill tomorrow to fit the front speakers so went out and done it at around 8:30. a massive improvement and crystal clear sound. and for the people who say you definatally need a amp NO YOU DONT!

rbull51
22-01-09, 03:31 PM
the rears have been fitted today and the difference is amazing. they are infinity 6522i. no amp needed. alot clearer and louder than standard and no more distortion when cranked up. tomorrow the fronts go in!

what size did you use in the rear. (it is a saloon zs you have put them in?)

afcbadam
22-01-09, 06:29 PM
yea it was a saloon. i used 16.5 cm infinity's

Fudgepacker
22-01-09, 06:51 PM
couldnt wait untill tomorrow to fit the front speakers so went out and done it at around 8:30. a massive improvement and crystal clear sound. and for the people who say you definatally need a amp NO YOU DONT!

tell you what if i ever get time of work and go to a mg meet and your there ill show you how cristal clear my standard door speakers sound on an amp :thumbsup:

Fudgepacker
22-01-09, 06:56 PM
this is some pics of what i got running in my zed

afcbadam
22-01-09, 07:11 PM
are you sure they are standard? and that a previous owner hasnt done they. my 45x4 head unit blew my front speakers i would have thought an amp would smash them to pieces

Fudgepacker
22-01-09, 07:19 PM
yeah i was going to change them to the vive so we took the door card of and found that i need new spacings so instead i left them in

afcbadam
22-01-09, 07:59 PM
you should fit them. the sound difference will be noticable. i needed 18mm mfd spacers for mine.

Fudgepacker
22-01-09, 10:57 PM
tempted but havnt got the cash at the mo my sub amp needs to be changed does not have the power to run the sub

rbull51
23-01-09, 01:34 PM
you should fit them. the sound difference will be noticable. i needed 18mm mfd spacers for mine.

autoleads SAK-1207 spacers can be used in the front doors. you can mount standard sized 13cm speakers onto them. direct and easy fit.

afcbadam
23-01-09, 05:25 PM
the zs speakers are 16.5 cm. which imho sound better than 13cm speakers. plus wooden spacers dont vibrate where plastic ones can