PDA

View Full Version : nearly cambelt time

afcbadam
20-01-09, 07:45 PM
what prices have we been changed for the belts and tensioners?? is it best to have the water pump changed at the same time? i assume that means a coolant change. going to get the oil, gear box oil and brake fluid changed at the same time. poss at lates but that is quite a long way from me so it better be a good price.

can any body recommend some where closer to southampton / hampshire??

arwilson80
21-01-09, 09:12 AM
Lates is a lot cheaper (and faster) than most places as far as i can gather... and he / his work has always been highly spoken of.

In fact i'll probably end up going over for a long weekend to get mine done (and save money to boot).

Fudgepacker
21-01-09, 09:14 AM
wehay my mg just 30k but it had a service at 15k so im all good only had the car 7 months

peterzs
21-01-09, 09:14 AM
Sewards in Christchurch are the local MG garage and with the launch of the new MGTF they were giving a discount of 10% off everything, so I dont know if you could twist their arm a bit. Give you a clue as to prices if nothing else.:wave::wave::wave:

afcbadam
21-01-09, 07:23 PM
have herd 1 or 2 bad comments about sewards in christchurch. just because they work at a rover mg dealer ship it doesnt mean they are experts!

RalphG
21-01-09, 09:13 PM
Unlike the water pump in the 4 cylinder engine the KV6 one does not need doing when the belts are changed. For some reason the KV6 one seems to last for ever, whereas the K4 one seems to have a life of around 60-80,000 miles.

weagie
21-01-09, 09:17 PM
How much is the pump? I needing to do my cambelt soon but i didnt know the pump needed changed.

afcbadam
21-01-09, 09:18 PM
do you do all the work above ems.
could you pm me a rough price please

RalphG
22-01-09, 12:43 PM
The K4 water pump is listed on EPC at £52.91 plus VAT. I managed to get a special deal on them, so will sell them to forum members for £40 plus VAT whilst stock lasts.

The KV6 cam belt change is around £530 to forum members.

afcbadam
22-01-09, 08:03 PM
The K4 water pump is listed on EPC at £52.91 plus VAT. I managed to get a special deal on them, so will sell them to forum members for £40 plus VAT whilst stock lasts.

The KV6 cam belt change is around £530 to forum members.

that obvisually doesnt include the fluid changes im going to get done. is this alot more. can it all be done in a day?

martyzs
22-01-09, 08:19 PM
It seems theres a few of us in southampton who need 180 belts done. You, me, my nieghbour and one of the lads at work at least

It would be handy if we could arrange it to be done locally at a competitive price, could be worth having a conversation between us at the meet at the weekend.

afcbadam
22-01-09, 09:25 PM
yea thats an idea. i dont know if mick (stamford) has had his done yet.

have you mick?