PDA

View Full Version : Just got the Zed serviced

TjP
23-01-09, 05:27 PM
Paid £218 for the 4yr/60k service... not sure how that compares to other places?

Only problem they told me about was that I need new brake pads all round, and said it'd be about an extra £130 - sound about right? (seems a bit expensive but I suppose that labour too) Havent had it done yet as I needed the car back before work and time was tight, so probably going to head back on Monday and book it in.

So, how do those prices seem? Fair?

Might be psychological but the car seemed noticeably perkier on the drive home! :)

afcbadam
23-01-09, 05:37 PM
what did you have changed? for the service. the prices seems ok. i expect £100 of that is labour. may be worth getting a brake fluid change and new discs at the same time. wont be alot extra

TjP
23-01-09, 05:46 PM
On the invoice (roughly):

Plugs - £48
Pollen Filter - £20
Oil Filter - £8
Element Air Cleaner - £16
Seal
Forte Motor Flush - £10
5.5 Litres of Oil - £25

Labour - £62
VAT - £28

I'll get a quote on brake fluid change, but I would expect new discs to cost a bit, no? Ill have a chat with them on Monday :)

afcbadam
23-01-09, 05:51 PM
you can supply discs your self. yuo can get them from £30 on ebay. brake fluid from lates is £21

Nor
23-01-09, 06:13 PM
What kind of oil was it for £25?

TjP
23-01-09, 06:48 PM
I didnt ask for the specifics of the oil... they used what ever is recommended by MGR I guess.

drroberts490
23-01-09, 07:10 PM
thats cheap, my four year service is due and i have been quoted by a few places around the £350 mark

RudeDogg1
23-01-09, 07:49 PM
or you could of done it all yourself any alot cheaper and better quality parts but then thats me

ian zs180
24-01-09, 12:12 AM
On the invoice (roughly):

Plugs - £48
Pollen Filter - £20
Oil Filter - £8
Element Air Cleaner - £16
Seal
Forte Motor Flush - £10
5.5 Litres of Oil - £25

Labour - £62
VAT - £28

I'll get a quote on brake fluid change, but I would expect new discs to cost a bit, no? Ill have a chat with them on Monday :)
Mine is due the forth service next month cheapest quote i,ve had is £350 i have noticed on your invoice there is no mension of coolant change or brake fluid and mgr do state this in the forth service maybe thats why it was a little cheaper

arwilson80
24-01-09, 09:24 PM
I'd say that it's not bad as garage prices go... I would have done it myself though and saved on the labour.

Brake Pads sound a little one the expensive side but i've not changed mine yet so can't be certain.

TjP
24-01-09, 09:58 PM
I did think about doing the service myself but it would have been a first for me, so would have taken me ages to get it all done. I may try the 5yr service myself though as I think theres less involved (off the top of my head, may be wrong).

Also with the weather at the moment, and no garage to work in, it didnt seem like an attractive idea.

At least now I know its been done right too!

Yes though, they seem to have not done the brake fluid and coolant. I reckon this is probably cause the guy quoted me from the top of his head when I went in to book it, at £220, and of course couldnt live up to the whole service list for that price. Thats just a guess but its an understandable mistake and for what I paid I think I got a good deal - 2.5 hours labour for £78 incl vat!

Supercharged_Z
25-01-09, 09:52 AM
yes, you need your coolant changed at 60k. brake fluid was always a extra recomended every 30k or 2 years.

afcbadam
25-01-09, 10:06 AM
what about the fuel filter

Supercharged_Z
25-01-09, 10:32 AM
i think that was 60k also.

wjn101190

60k was the biggest service other than the belts. so every 4 years is a big service

drroberts490
31-01-09, 10:21 AM
anyone got a service schedule? as i may attempt my service myself, i change filters and oils on tanks so hopefully would be able to manage my MG. Just need to get the bits and a servicing Schedule to tell me exactly what needs doing, oh yeh and a few days off and some decent weather!

markyzs180
31-01-09, 01:21 PM
anyone got a service schedule? as i may attempt my service myself, i change filters and oils on tanks so hopefully would be able to manage my MG. Just need to get the bits and a servicing Schedule to tell me exactly what needs doing, oh yeh and a few days off and some decent weather!

I've got the service sheets in adobe format, I'll post it up later when I've got more time or drop me a pm and I'll mail it to you

stevelou5
10-03-09, 09:59 AM
Anyone know were I can get a replacement service book for my 2006 2.0 td zed??
going to get it serviced sometime this year but want to have the book in pleanty of time before I get it done.

I got the car serviced before I bought it (Oct 08) at the garage got the oil changed etc but want to look after it with regular trips to the doctors to keep it tip top!!