PDA

View Full Version : MOT time

sussex_zr
23-01-09, 06:30 PM
Had my first MOT with the zed, came through with flying colours :beer: well pleased, but my srs light will not go off the garage done a diagnostics and the passenger seat air bag is faulty, all wires were check and its all ok, so the question is, is it cheaper to replace the seat or get a new air bag ( price should include fitting ) SOME ONE HELP PLEASE :confused:

RudeDogg1
23-01-09, 07:06 PM
have u tried disconecting the connector under the seat spraying with wd40 and plugin back in?

stamford
23-01-09, 09:24 PM
Probably seat unless whoever has quoted for a replacement can do a grand job as it is stitched into the thorax part of the seat with special burst stitching. Not a job to be done any other way than it was designed for.

sussex_zr
24-01-09, 11:15 AM
have u tried disconecting the connector under the seat spraying with wd40 and plugin back in?

yes mate done that

sussex_zr
24-01-09, 11:16 AM
Probably seat unless whoever has quoted for a replacement can do a grand job as it is stitched into the thorax part of the seat with special burst stitching. Not a job to be done any other way than it was designed for.

That's what I thought , any ideas where I can sorce a seat, none ok eBay at them

sussex_zr
24-01-09, 11:37 AM

That's what I thought , any ideas where I can sorce a seat, none on eBay at the moment

Alan.F
24-01-09, 03:59 PM
You could change the Air bag by taking the cover off but for ease i would just change the seat