PDA

View Full Version : Project: Save the zed!

Phate
23-01-09, 11:47 PM
After my unfortunate run of bad luck with the Zed things are finally on the up...

Blinky being the awesome guy that he is....has offered me to swap bits over from mine to his as his is being repo'ed...

So tomorrow about lunchtime...I'm going to set off....go pick up carmadbaker...then head to Blinks...

Swapping over

Front bumper
Rear Bumper
Passenger door card

And anything else that might be better than my car really :smile2:

Think of it as a hybrid of community support! (one way of putting it)

Cannot wait - car is bugging me at the minute!

Bring on tomorrow!!!! :D

I'm going bed now, been out with Rachel and had far too much to drink lol.

chriszs180
23-01-09, 11:59 PM
thats great just keep it clean or if the colours are different then let it be dirty.......

should be good for santa pod look at everything u can swap tyers etc as any thing the repo guy domt get the better and if its really cheap i can get a zs again as im getting a bit of a pay out soon (turbo conversion umm 400bhp bang..........)

Alan.F
24-01-09, 05:50 AM
Glad to hear this Phate, but does Blinky know that when the car is sold at auction if the car does not meet the balance left on the finance then he is liable for the sum left, It happened to me quite a few years ago i had a car worth £6000 and it only made £3000 at auction so i was left with a bil for the £3000 left plus charges.

carmadbaker
24-01-09, 07:33 AM
but lets face it...whats a 51 plate zed 180 going to fetch at auction? zippo really!
he's gettin full leather interior, 17" 5 spokes and a standard zorst back :) shouldn't make too much difference!

Phate
24-01-09, 09:37 AM
My head hurts a bit lol.

Shall be setting off about half 12 to go meet Dan then head to Blinks :mml:

stamford
24-01-09, 10:41 AM
Might as well make the most of the opportunity, good on you Blinky for doing this!

Blinky
24-01-09, 10:56 AM
lol no worries dude...and yeah i no that it wont clear the balance...and my old corsa didnt and i only just finished paying for that last year...but unfortunatly i lost my job and couldnt afford the payments and it had progressed too far for me to start payments once i got a job again soo s**t happens...but i have given up smoking now...almost done a month!!! and i gonna start putting the fag money away and save up for my little well done pressie....its gonna be a v6 and its gonna be 4 wheel drive....anyone wanna have a guess??

TjP
24-01-09, 11:32 AM
Good to hear things are getting sorted for ya, and very kind of Blinky to help out!

Hmm 4WD and a V6, unless its an offroader I'd guess maybe a VW 4motion of some sort. Or if your of the same mind as me you might like the Jag X-type! Would take a while to save up cig money for one of those though I'd think! :) Keep at it though, smoking is a complete waste of money and you'll be better off in so many ways without it! ;)

Blinky
24-01-09, 03:12 PM
Good to hear things are getting sorted for ya, and very kind of Blinky to help out!

Hmm 4WD and a V6, unless its an offroader I'd guess maybe a VW 4motion of some sort. Or if your of the same mind as me you might like the Jag X-type! Would take a while to save up cig money for one of those though I'd think! :) Keep at it though, smoking is a complete waste of money and you'll be better off in so many ways without it! ;)

cheers dude, its not a vw or a jag...its jap

Bobdope2002
24-01-09, 03:28 PM
skyline??

afcbadam
24-01-09, 03:28 PM
mitsubishi fto 2.0 v6?

afcbadam
24-01-09, 03:29 PM
skyline??

not a v6

Phate
24-01-09, 03:43 PM
Just got in.

Thanks again Blinky :)

And I know what is is.... ;)

Blinky
24-01-09, 04:10 PM
skyline??

was gonna say that

mitsubishi fto 2.0 v6?

and thats front wheel drive...

it is a mitsi tho

im hopefully gonna have it by end of this year...so will certainly look forward to coming to alot more meets :thumbsup:

afcbadam
24-01-09, 05:35 PM
its not a estate with a 2.8 twin turbo v6 is it????? 4wd with 280bhp???

TjP
24-01-09, 05:42 PM
Ive got two in mind, a 3000GT or a car I had a close tussle with a few months ago (until we came to a long bend and I gained about 100m!), a 2.5V6 Galant??

I'd go with the 3000GT at a guess!