PDA

View Full Version : fuel filter

afcbadam
24-01-09, 04:03 PM
how do you change it :question: is it an easy job :question: does anybody have any pics on where it is

stamford
24-01-09, 06:06 PM
Mounted on ns by the bulkhead, food tin size dimensions. Easy to change, just need to be careful with undoing the unions and spillage. Show you tomorrow.

afcbadam
28-01-09, 04:16 PM
how much spillage would i get from this. would it be a constant flow of petrol or just whats in the engine?

Maxfly
28-01-09, 05:11 PM
how much spillage would i get from this. would it be a constant flow of petrol or just whats in the engine?
will seem more than it is fella, undo the top pipe first and move it away facing up - you will only get a wee bit out of it. then undo the bottom pipe and remove, this is where most petrol will come from as the filter which is full of petrol will start draining out. is not as bad as you think it will be, few rags or some blue roll does the job:)

KevG
28-01-09, 06:47 PM
.....and remember to not knock an connectors off while your doing this, aint that right Maxfly?

Maxfly
28-01-09, 06:53 PM
.....and remember to not knock an connectors off while your doing this, aint that right Maxfly?

hehe top tip there!!!;)

afcbadam
28-01-09, 07:08 PM
please, explain more as i will be changing this as soon as it arrives

Maxfly
29-01-09, 02:46 PM
please, explain more as i will be changing this as soon as it arrives

nothing to worry about, kev was pointing out that when i did mine i inadvertantly knocked off a connector on the starter motor and didn't notice, so when it came to start the car it wouldn't turn over, my post is on xpf:) basically all you will need is two spanners, one that will fit the ends of the filter and the other that fits the connectors that go into it, you might find them a bit of a ****** to loosen. my top connector was fine, bottom one was tighter and obviously that bit harder to get to:) then once you have them loose a wee socket onto the bracket that holds the filter, loosen its grip then move the retaining lug so you can remove it:)

arwilson80
29-01-09, 10:16 PM
Dunno if this pic (http://www.rover2.ru/epc/rover/mh1627a.cgm.gif) will help you locate it or not but it's worth a try.

XPCobra
29-01-09, 10:21 PM
if your pipe uniions are tight i'd recommend pipe spanners rather than open end spanners.

arwilson80
30-01-09, 09:02 AM
if your pipe uniions are tight i'd recommend pipe spanners rather than open end spanners.

Would definately agree with that. We were trying to remove the fuel filter on my little bros ZR on Tues night and open ended spanners were starting to round off the nut... needless to say we stopped.

afcbadam
30-01-09, 07:25 PM
chears for all the help guys