PDA

View Full Version : a couple of question

afcbadam
26-01-09, 07:44 PM
1, will soon be fitting reverse sensors. are the holes that need to be cut pre-marked on the inside of the bumper and what colour are the reverse light wires that i need to connect them on to?

2, will be getting all the fluids changed in my car, is there a recommended power steering fluid change time, cant see it in my log book or does it not need changing

RudeDogg1
26-01-09, 08:04 PM
If its a MK1 no there are no marks or anything and no connectors. There is a how to on here somewhere. The kit I used you just slide the power cable into 1 of the rear light connectors

Steves Cleenz
26-01-09, 10:40 PM
IIRC the reverse sensor wires are the 3 or 4 wires that connect to nothing behind the left hand boot carpet, mainly orange wires, and they just connect into the sensor box (the box is white) which has the buzzer connected to it which is stamped up in BMW lol

afcbadam
27-01-09, 03:41 PM
i was thinking of putting the same kit on that i put on my zt. the 4 sensors pluged in to a box as did a digital display which went in the front of the car then you plugged in a lead that had 2 wires coming off of it, one was a earth and one connects to the reverse live wire behing the rear lamp so that it was activated when put in to reverse