PDA

View Full Version : 2.0L KV6 Eaton supercharged engine for sale

RalphG
27-01-09, 07:47 PM
I have just listed my supercharged engine (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320335864699) on eBay. This engine is charged with a Magnuson Eaton supercharger, which should be more relieable than the Sprintex type. I've been told that this engine was bench tested at over 250BHP.

This engine was going to be put into the ZS project car, but I now have different plans for the car. :D

afcbadam
27-01-09, 07:53 PM
i wonder how many bhp's that would make if it was on a 2.5 kv6.

stamford
I am surprised at this Ralph, but at the same time intrigued as to what other plans you have :yes:

Bobdope2002
hmmmm dunna think it will stay at that price for too long but i will be watchin though

RalphG
27-01-09, 07:55 PM
I'm keeping my plans secreT aT The momenT. :pirate:

stamford
27-01-09, 07:56 PM
I'm keeping my plans secreT aT The momenT. :pirate:

;) I know what you mean...............I do!

arwilson80
28-01-09, 09:15 AM
;) I know what you mean...............I do!

I think i know too from the post above. :)

Steves Cleenz
28-01-09, 10:52 AM
Think i do Too, afTer whaT came up for sale on 'T'bay

Maxxed_Ross
28-01-09, 11:20 AM
subtle as a smack in the face Ralph... love it lol

Boot Hill Bandit
28-01-09, 12:42 PM
Steve DX has a 420 for sale!!!! where is he? :P

Jim

Dave ZS-X
28-01-09, 02:50 PM
aaah your not stickin an old cast iron t series in it are you ralph.

Dave

carmadbaker
28-01-09, 05:04 PM
aaah your not stickin an old cast iron t series in it are you ralph.

Dave

pfft! what would you want with one of those pieces of rubbish!:whip:
O yer thats right.... the one on ebay fetching 550BHP..... not bad for "cast iron" ah? :-P :thumbsup:

RalphG
28-01-09, 05:06 PM
That is the plan. By my reckoning, the T series is about the same weight as the KV6. It produces more power out of the box than the KV6 and it is easier to increase the power.

Boot Hill Bandit
28-01-09, 05:08 PM
That is the plan. By my reckoning, the T series is about the same weight as the KV6. It produces more power out of the box than the KV6 and it is easier to increase the power.

Got to say that is gonna be a rocketship Ralph!!!

Jim

Dave ZS-X
28-01-09, 05:19 PM

lol,just pullin your leg, t series will make a good engine.Quite expensive to go to 300bhp mind, dunno why you just dont get yourself a vag unit and self fit it, theres always loads for sale on the bay and Reyland sells all the bits you need, power is much easier to make and more reliable and its a lighter engine too,it sits far back in the engine bay too so much better weight distribution than the t series which pushes all its weight much further over the front wheels so will encourage understeer much more.
My build thread shows everything you need to do and reyland are always on the phone if you get stuck.
I would aim for 280-300 bhp for a trackcar ,imo anymore will be actually slowing you down without mega car prep,high power front drive turbo cars on track wear out rubber like you wouldnt believe.

Dave

Dave ZS-X
28-01-09, 05:21 PM
pfft! what would you want with one of those pieces of rubbish!:whip:
O yer thats right.... the one on ebay fetching 550BHP..... not bad for "cast iron" ah? :-P :thumbsup:

yeah thats all very well but if ralph dropped that in his zs it would be totally undriveable to the pioint of being dangerous.
Power is nothing without control.

Dave

wilko66
28-01-09, 05:59 PM
Ralph Theres someThing wrong wiTh The T on your keypad ...............................iTs a biT laTe I know buT hey when in Rome:happy:

Blinky
28-01-09, 08:20 PM
Ralph Theres someThing wrong wiTh The T on your keypad ...............................iTs a biT laTe I know buT hey when in Rome:happy:

what about when your in rome??:unsure:

stamford
29-01-09, 07:15 AM
what about when your in rome??:unsure:

Surely not! :huh: