PDA

View Full Version : Reversing sensors

Phate
27-01-09, 09:39 PM
Hi all,

Can these be fitted relatively easily to the Mk1?

I'm talking the genuine MG Rover one for the Zed...not mad to get them...just be a nice to have really :D

Thanks all,
Jake

RudeDogg1
27-01-09, 10:00 PM
have u seen the stupid price of the mg kit?

Phate
27-01-09, 10:02 PM
have u seen the stupid price of the mg kit?

Nope?

However a quick look on eBay looks like £35 will bag me a reversing sensor kit.

RudeDogg1
27-01-09, 10:08 PM
yup you can get kits well cheap on ebay the mg one is about 200. The cheap ones r easy to fit. You just mark and drill the holes (after taking your bumper off), pop them in, feed the wires through the gromit into the rear wing, and connoct the power to 1 of the rear light connectors. There is a how to somewhere from when sammy did his mg i coppied him lol. The sensors can be lightly spray painted to

Phate
27-01-09, 10:10 PM
Ah cool, that's handy as I have some Trophy Blue paint in an aerosol!

So they work well do they?

If someone gets really close to you in traffic do they go off?

RudeDogg1
27-01-09, 10:10 PM
Actualy 110 from rimmers still to pricey i think

RudeDogg1
27-01-09, 10:11 PM
Ah cool, that's handy as I have some Trophy Blue paint in an aerosol!

So they work well do they?

If someone gets really close to you in traffic do they go off?

they only work when you reverse as you connect them to your reverse light they have quite a range on em

Phate
27-01-09, 10:14 PM
Ah ok, so they only power on when the reverse light comes on, awesome.

Consider them ordered :D

TjP
27-01-09, 10:15 PM
Mine are off ebay, work perfectly. Kit I got came with a hole cutter too, so you cant go wrong.

And yeah you have to be in reverse for them to work lol.

Phate
27-01-09, 10:16 PM
Tempted to order 2 sets so when I'm parallel parking I know exactly how close I can get....or I can actually just not risk hitting the other car :p

TjP
27-01-09, 10:25 PM
Lol :D

Theres still an element of mystery even with the sensors, cause the beep tone goes solid when youre a few inches away. So you can always go that little bit further after the solid tone... :D Of course unexpect poles can be a problem still :hmmm:

Phate
27-01-09, 10:29 PM
Lol well obviously I won't rely on them 100% but it's still better than thinking "well maybe I can go a LITTLE further :p"

Jem
28-01-09, 06:56 AM
Ive got some sensors on mine im glad ive got them because the kids do like to hide behind cars around here...I was thinking about putting some front ones on just for well no reason just a bit of fun lol