PDA

View Full Version : pollen filter

afcbadam
29-01-09, 09:40 PM
changed mine today. couldnt beleive the state of the old one. it was discusting. the old one was completly black and full of leaves. for the £6 is costs its well worth changing

Craig
29-01-09, 09:41 PM
I keep meaning to check mine, although I have never looked for it lol.

XPCobra
29-01-09, 10:09 PM
a little bit of a pain considering its ussually v easy to change on other cars. I personally would recommend a new pollen filter every year

Nor
29-01-09, 10:38 PM
Yeah, I changed mine recently and the old one was pretty horrific to look at. The little chamber it's in is usually filled with leaves too, and the heater fan.

Phate
29-01-09, 11:16 PM
Whereabouts is it?

Or am I being thick and realised I replaced it when I put the BMC on?

stamford
30-01-09, 06:10 AM
Speaking from other people's experiences I do believe it is behind the glovebox inside the car.

*note to self..........must change it!*

ZS
30-01-09, 06:56 AM
Speaking from other people's experiences I do believe it is behind the glovebox inside the car.

*note to self..........must change it!*

It is yes... to change it you need to remove the glove box and the metal bar behind the glove box, then disconnect the fan (I think its the fan wires...) and then the cover just lifts off leaving you looking directly at the filter...

My fan is making a horrible noise at the moment (leaves stuck in it probably!) so I need to change the filter and hoover out the housing...

Where can you get them for £6??? Best I can find is £15 online!

arwilson80
30-01-09, 09:05 AM
My fan is making a horrible noise at the moment (leaves stuck in it probably!) so I need to change the filter and hoover out the housing...

Mine was until Tues night... Dropped the fan out and got some silicone spray in around it. Now.... silence.

Jay-ZS+
30-01-09, 09:16 AM
theres another thing to add to the list would that be why my gf cant stop sneezing in my car. she says its all the mdf dust from work but think thats just a ploy to get me to hoover out the car!!! she'll be lucky:whip:

stamford
30-01-09, 09:26 AM
theres another thing to add to the list would that be why my gf cant stop sneezing in my car. she says its all the mdf dust from work but think thats just a ploy to get me to hoover out the car!!! she'll be lucky:whip:

Leave the seats out, problem solved ;)

Jay-ZS+
30-01-09, 09:28 AM
oh believe me its tempting. since they were taken out ive noticed at high speed i used to get a whining sound dont get it anymore! maybe there are linked lol

stamford
30-01-09, 10:43 AM
:laugh: without a doubt!

afcbadam
30-01-09, 08:28 PM
I keep meaning to check mine, although I have never looked for it lol.

dont bother to just check it just replace it

a little bit of a pain considering its ussually v easy to change on other cars. I personally would recommend a new pollen filter every year

i agree

Whereabouts is it?

behind the glove box. takes 10 mins to change

Maxfly
31-01-09, 08:02 AM
guessing yours was the same as mine or worse!! heres what one will look like when it has been in a year or two:) Great for keeing your car steamed up and hosting loads of muck and germs;)

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/Maxfly/BrakesFilter001.jpg

Jay-ZS+
31-01-09, 08:06 AM
where did you find one for £6?

Maxfly
31-01-09, 08:20 AM

they usually turn uo on the bay, but think i got mine from chriszs180 iirc?!?!

Fudgepacker
31-01-09, 08:44 AM
Whereabouts is it?

oi you plank its not an air filter :laugh:

afcbadam
31-01-09, 09:18 AM
guessing yours was the same as mine or worse!! heres what one will look like when it has been in a year or two:) Great for keeing your car steamed up and hosting loads of muck and germs;)

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/Maxfly/BrakesFilter001.jpg

yep mine was the same as that. pictures dont tell the whole story its the little bits and peices that bed themselves in side it aswell

ebay for £6 + £1.99 p&p