PDA

View Full Version : de cats

afcbadam
31-01-09, 12:56 PM
what is this aldon de cat i keep hearing about. does anybody know a price for one of these. is it as good as the janspeed one?

stamford
31-01-09, 01:01 PM
It's a straight replacement decat pipe. No internals, has the flexi section and threaded boss for the lambda sensor. Not sure if he is making anymore though. From what I heard the PTP one is cheaper now.

afcbadam
31-01-09, 02:03 PM
so its pretty much the same as a janspeed or does that internals. i like the idea of having a lambda sensor. no mil kit needed then? but wouldnt that set the light off if janspeed manifolds were fitted as there will be no pre cat and then that picking up high emmisions?

stamford
31-01-09, 03:35 PM
If you go the Janspeed manifold route you will need a sports cat and possibly the MIL kit.

Question for those that have Janspeed manis: what do you do with the pre-cat lambda sensors? Are these still fitted to the downpipes via bosses?

The decat has the lambda boss as you still need to screw this into the system, the OE manifolds pre-cats do enough to get it through the emissions, the post cat sensor is redundant.

afcbadam
31-01-09, 04:55 PM
i didnt realise there were 2 lambda sensors

shroonie29
31-01-09, 05:05 PM
If you go the Janspeed manifold route you will need a sports cat and possibly the MIL kit.

Question for those that have Janspeed manis: what do you do with the pre-cat lambda sensors? Are these still fitted to the downpipes via bosses?

The decat has the lambda boss as you still need to screw this into the system, the OE manifolds pre-cats do enough to get it through the emissions, the post cat sensor is redundant.

Yes they do Mike.
A close up of some wrapped ones

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/Westeh/DSC00020.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/Westeh/DSCN0795.jpg

AFC the V6 has 3 lambda sensors.One for each bank of the V & a post cat one

Shroon

stamford
01-02-09, 11:20 AM
I had a reel of thermotec and gave it away doh!

I had my decat fitted this morning..........................woa! Superb :D

It's like I have a new toy to play with! Sounds awesome and compliments my Janspeed system!