PDA

View Full Version : Earth Points

Fudgepacker
04-02-09, 08:40 AM
Ok i need to find a really really good earth point i have a feeling my amp keeps poppint its fuses is because its not got a good earth point ive gone for under the seats but already got 3 earth points there any one know were a better one might be in the boot area:please:

grimmy
04-02-09, 03:36 PM
Ok i need to find a really really good earth point i have a feeling my amp keeps poppint its fuses is because its not got a good earth point ive gone for under the seats but already got 3 earth points there any one know were a better one might be in the boot area:please:
is your car a saloon, i used a bolt which is in between the rear speakers in the boot for my earth point when i put in my amp

Maxxed_Ross
04-02-09, 03:45 PM
I drilled a new hole then removed all the paint with a grinder

Fudgepacker
04-02-09, 08:27 PM
i found the problem and ive got some pics to uppload it was my sub and my god did it have some problems first probleem it had a nice big hold in after hitting the turbo port lol not sure how but it wasnt a good thing then the second was the copper coil was slowly melting then i cooked it today and my car smelt bad after

carmadbaker
05-02-09, 06:27 AM
bracket that holds the back seats down....pre-drilled....pre-bolted! just clear some paint back :) oorrr........the rear light cluster has a similar little thing. remove one of the bolts and hey presto :)

Fudgepacker
05-02-09, 08:56 AM
ill take the pics of my sub it was it was the whole problem and we found out when the voice coil melted