PDA

View Full Version : ZT

weagie
04-02-09, 06:07 PM
Got talking to a wifey in ormiston while doing a delivery about her blue ZT 190 and turns out she is trying to sell it. From the outside it is mint and stunning so i might have another look. She asking for about 2k and is the owner from new. It says 190 but i'm assuming its a V6 but whats the difference to the 180?

Boot Hill Bandit
04-02-09, 06:11 PM
Got talking to a wifey in ormiston while doing a delivery about her blue ZT 190 and turns out she is trying to sell it. From the outside it is mint and stunning so i might have another look. She asking for about 2k and is the owner from new. It says 190 but i'm assuming its a V6 but whats the difference to the 180?

It is a V6..........difference? better induction and engine mapping.

Jim

TjP
04-02-09, 06:13 PM
The 190 is the manual I think...? Thats what I gathered from the thread about Dan's ZTT anyway.

weagie
04-02-09, 06:14 PM
Sounds good but i might arrange to get a better look round it. doesnt sound too expensive.

Boot Hill Bandit
04-02-09, 06:16 PM
If the mileage is low, the car is mint.......and its got a lot of service history I would say thats a good find!

Jim

weagie
04-02-09, 06:23 PM
If the mileage is low, the car is mint.......and its got a lot of service history I would say thats a good find!

Jim

thats the thing, looks great outside but aint been in it, so who knows mate.

Boot Hill Bandit
04-02-09, 06:28 PM
thats the thing, looks great outside but aint been in it, so who knows mate.

Good luck buddy! Hope you are onto something ;)

Jim

weagie
04-02-09, 06:35 PM
Aint gonna get my hopes up, but i have got a wee spring in the step!

stamford
04-02-09, 06:53 PM
Definately worth looking at, check the history to see what's been done, mileage and age etc. £2k is a good price if it's all there.

weagie
04-02-09, 07:01 PM
Besides what you've all mentioned is there anything i should check on the vehicle with regards to the shell, mechanics etc? I realise there will be wear and tear but dont want to take on future problems, got enough with the 120.

KevG
04-02-09, 07:46 PM
Besides what you've all mentioned is there anything i should check on the vehicle with regards to the shell, mechanics etc? I realise there will be wear and tear but dont want to take on future problems, got enough with the 120.

The Rover 75/MG ZT shell is a 3 series BMW in guise, all parts are bespoke BMW items ranging from the 3 to the 5 Series BMW's, the bodyshells were zinc dipped, and as of yet are still to see any major signs of corrosion of problem areas.
The mechanics are a mix of BMW and Rover, the 75/ZT carries a modified rear wishbone setup that was adapted for front wheel drive, and this came from the 3 series.
If the ZT your seeing is a 180, it is still a V6 and is a 2.5L, with different engine mapping, the induction is the same as the 190.

Boot Hill Bandit
04-02-09, 08:02 PM
I have heard that the top suspension on the 75/ZT can break.

If you ask Ralph (EMS Ltd) he will tell you the common faults..........there are also 'flooding' problems with regards to drain channels being blocked too iirc.

Have you thought about joining the http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/ to gain some knowledge of the car........

Jim