PDA

View Full Version : Car is leaking....

Phate
12-02-09, 03:44 PM
Recently when getting in the car I can smell damp...lovely....

Now I'm 99% sure its the boot because when I took a jacket out of there the other day it was soaked...joy...

Is there anywhere common for the boot/rear area to leak from?

Cheers guys.

RalphG
12-02-09, 03:48 PM
Most common place for leaks is the gasket around the tail lights.

Phate
12-02-09, 03:49 PM
Most common place for leaks is the gasket around the tail lights.

Ah cheers, maybe mine got knocked when the van hit it. Shall check it out. Cheers Mr Ralph!

Still got my rear lights? :smart: (if so how much) (might try and come down tomorrow)

arwilson80
12-02-09, 04:07 PM
Get in the boot with a torch and get someone else to 'drown' the car in water....

As Ralph says... Tail lights are a common place for leaks.

rbull51
12-02-09, 04:16 PM
I have a small leak in the boot,i can see it coming in when i pour water down the boot water channel, i have tried everything i can think of to stop it, changed light unit and gasket, used sealent around gasket and recently put a line of sealent down the inside line of the cluster where the water runs, yet it still leaks.!! So i just put a towel in the corner of the boot and change it every now and then. I have learnt to just accept it...There is not a lot else i can do about it...

carl-mgzs
12-02-09, 07:17 PM
i had a leak in my boot, solved it by adjusting the locking mech on the boot lid and on the car its self! wasn't bringing the boot lid down far enough!

afcbadam
12-02-09, 07:52 PM
could it be through a hole of the boot spoiler