18-02-09, 02:43 PM
Not sure if this is a repeat thread but came past this as i was on the net;

Must be quite quick, never seen an mg drag racer it won the 2006 cup aswell

RudeDogg1
18-02-09, 05:44 PM
whats up with the wheels? me no likey

afcbadam
18-02-09, 05:56 PM
looks like space savers on the front and 300's on the rear!

grimmy
18-02-09, 07:34 PM
i seen one in trophy blue somehwere i wonder if it's the same one with a few updates

TjP
18-02-09, 09:19 PM
I guess the front wheels are just to keep it in a straight line, so minimal resistance wanted. The rears on the other hand have to put a lot of power down!

Doesnt really do it for me tbh, looks weird!

shroonie29
18-02-09, 09:22 PM
i seen one in trophy blue somehwere i wonder if it's the same one with a few updates

iirc it is the same car.The body is fibre glass on a frame,from memory

Shroon

grimmy
18-02-09, 09:25 PM
iirc it is the same car.The body is fibre glass on a frame,from memory

Shroon
that's what i was thinking

ZS
22-02-09, 09:36 AM
Belongs to a Mechanic at Viking MG Rover in Southampton area... :D

Supercharged_Z
22-02-09, 11:12 AM
its not a zs though is it? its a zs fibre shell over somthing very custom?

Willie Eckerslike
22-02-09, 08:04 PM
This car runs in either Super Gas or Super Pro Et in the Pod and Avon raceway championship. The car is a race frame probably rated to Super Mod Et's at around 7 seconds. I say this as the car we run in Super Gas is rated to the same. Super Gas has to run to an ET of 9.9 sec and Super Pro to 8.90. I would post pics of our "Sierra" on but I am not at my computer at the mo. I say Sierra lightly as it is the same as this MG. A race frame with a 460ci big block ford and all manner of tricky'ness. The Rear tyres are bad ass soft wall slicks and the front are thin "front runners". So called as all they do is provide the bare essentiel traction to steer not to provide resistance. I will chuck some pics on later should anyone be interested.

The Sierra is for sale as it happens and we have won the Pod/Avon cahmpionship numerous years plus the Nitro Olympics in Hockenheim 2 years on the trot!!!!

Willie Eckerslike
22-02-09, 11:26 PM
Pics as promised!!!

Last pic is of last Easter at the Pod!!! A bit chilly to say the least!!!!

As I mentioned earlier we are flogging said Super Gasser and also the Library bus pictured. It's a camper up front and the car slots inot the back on a beaver tail lift!!! Sweet set up!!! PM me for more details and data on the car...