PDA

View Full Version : any else had a busy day.

afcbadam
21-02-09, 07:14 PM
my old man brought a st220 today, southampton to portsmouth to look at one, wasnt the right car so we walked away from it, then portsmouth to leigh-on-see in southend essex to view another, thankfully it was the right car, 5 hours driving to buy a car and get home, my arse and neck are now hurting. i just hope its worth it.

although its alot nicer and posher than a zs and has a bigger engine it doesnt sound any where near as good or as beefy as the zs. the 3.0 v6 in the mondeo is as silent as a bumble bee fart

shroonie29
21-02-09, 07:19 PM
You can squeeze another 30ps out of the Mondeo for around a grand

Shroon

Zippy Saloon
21-02-09, 07:23 PM
my arse and neck are now hurting. i just hope its worth it.

How exactly did you pay for the car?

afcbadam
21-02-09, 07:25 PM
its a good engine and has ample tuning capacity but it doestn sound like a v6 should imho. i like a v6 to sound beefy and noisy and run a bit rough when cold but these dont seem to. any way my dad is very happy with the car, hes not in to a noisy car anyway so it suits him perfectly.

afcbadam
21-02-09, 07:25 PM
lloyds debit card, why? not with what you obvisually pay for cars with!

Bobdope2002
21-02-09, 07:29 PM
well ive sat here all day doing feck all

no money no job life sux ass at the minute:wall::wall:

LozMachine
21-02-09, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by afcbadam
my arse and neck are now hurting. i just hope its worth it.

How exactly did you pay for the car?

LMFAO! :rofl:

Southside_ZS
21-02-09, 08:27 PM
Yup i've had a busy day and now my back and knee's are gone. Got up first thing and gave my car a wash, then lowered my mates Rover 200 Coupe, then had dinner, then fitted my big brake conversion on my Turbo 400 Tourer then i've just spent the last hour cleaning the leather seats i bought for it aswell.

Dan1971
21-02-09, 08:45 PM
my old man brought a st220 today, southampton to portsmouth to look at one, wasnt the right car so we walked away from it, then portsmouth to leigh-on-see in southend essex to view another, thankfully it was the right car, 5 hours driving to buy a car and get home, my arse and neck are now hurting. i just hope its worth it.

although its alot nicer and posher than a zs and has a bigger engine it doesnt sound any where near as good or as beefy as the zs. the 3.0 v6 in the mondeo is as silent as a bumble bee fart

Nice cars. I drove one when I was looking for my estate. Just too expensive in comparison. Can't get an estate for anything close to £4K, or I would've bought one.

Had a wee bid on a "54" silver one with Red leather on the 'bay a while back with DVD screens in the back of the front seats. Went for just over £7K.

afcbadam
21-02-09, 09:35 PM
7k for a 54 plate. thats not bad. my dads was 9k for a 56 with fsh and 40k miles

Jem
21-02-09, 11:19 PM
Nope i had a really lazy day got out of bed at 3pm so not really tired,I dont normally do that but ive been doing overtime and needed to be refreshed.

stamford
22-02-09, 07:01 PM
I've had a cracking day today, I was at Craven Cottage to watch Fulham vs West Brom, an excellent match. I had an invite which included a corporate box function which was very impressive. Nice glass box with your own seating on a raised area, Harrods wine, Carlsberg, mexican food etc. I must say I was impressed with their facilities, first class!

Bobdope2002
22-02-09, 07:06 PM
well i had football but it was sunday league and i managed to get into a fight with the opposing side haha

then spend the rest of the morning and some of the afternoon in the pub spending little money as possible 99p a bottle FTW