PDA

View Full Version : My First Trackday Experience

Alan.F
24-02-09, 04:34 PM
Been at Oulton Park today doing a free Marshals trackday, And i have to say i though it was awesome really enjoyed myself and i now have the bug to do more, Was crapping it the first time out but soon settled in and drove to my capabilities, Only had one scary moment when i went in to Lodge corner wrong and ended up going wide and nearly on the grass, Lucky i have dark seats lol. New induction performed well with no heat soak so might leave it there for now as its so low down it should drag cold air from down below

I would recommend anyone who has never done it to have a go.

Nor
24-02-09, 04:35 PM
Sounds good. Any tread left?

Alan.F
24-02-09, 05:41 PM
Sounds good. Any tread left?

Think i lost a good 2-3mm off the fronts and nearly finished my pads off

stamford
24-02-09, 07:54 PM
Another one bitten :D Nice one!

peterzs
24-02-09, 08:48 PM
Pity your so far away from Brands, great day out, lets you appreciate how well the ZS goes. Booked for my 2nd taster session. Not too long so dont destroy tyres and pads.:clap::clap::clap:

mattie007
25-02-09, 09:33 PM
Ive got my first one on the 23rd March, cant wait!

Alan, what induction have you got?

weagie
25-02-09, 09:35 PM
This is something i've got to try. not to far from knockhill. Any tips?

afcbadam
25-02-09, 10:07 PM

dont crash the 120!

Alan.F
26-02-09, 07:03 AM
Ive got my first one on the 23rd March, cant wait!

Alan, what induction have you got?

Hi m8 its a home made concoction atm but worked well look at this thread

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=6962

Alan.F
26-02-09, 07:08 AM

Dont go at it like your a pro i did my first few laps as though i was on a normal road keep an eye out for people coming up behind me so i could get out of there way. Then i built my speed up till i was lapping quite confidently and actually started to pass people (including a skyline) but he was a novice aswell.

The upshot is drive to your abilities and no more coz thats when you come unstuck

stamford
26-02-09, 07:17 AM
Indeed, drive to your abilities and then get to know your car. Let everything warm up, the most important component will be your tyres as they are the sole contact between the moving mass and the black stuff.

Make sure your car is in tip top condition and spanner check.

Remember it is not a race, so there are no prizes and don't feel obliged to keep up with everyone. Keep an eye on the quicker cars and remember the track day rules with regards overtaking and being overtaken.

It is an enjoyable experience no matter how many times you do it. :D

weagie
26-02-09, 04:25 PM
Cheers, gonna try it. Mind you i'm terrified i bust my zed! lol

Alan.F
26-02-09, 08:45 PM
Cheers, gonna try it. Mind you i'm terrified i bust my zed! lol

I thought the same m8 but believe me you soon lose that thought