PDA

View Full Version : Phew!!!

markyzs180
26-02-09, 03:02 PM
Went online to tax the zed yesterday for it to come back with a 'there is no mot on record for your vehicle' message, oh, I thought, better check the mot only to find it ran out 3 weeks ago :slap:!!! I could've sworn it wasn;t due til next month, but hey ho whizzed to the mot station today and came out with a shiny new mot :clap2::clap::clap2:

all clear for another 12 months :)

stevelou5
26-02-09, 03:05 PM
That was close wasn't it......! I have had a few close calls when taxing me past cars he he!!

TjP
26-02-09, 03:06 PM
Really easy to forget about the MOT! My mate got done for having not having his and he had no idea lol, 3 points and £60 or something like that.

Would be helpful if you could get a reminder...

markyzs180
26-02-09, 03:12 PM
Really easy to forget about the MOT! My mate got done for having not having his and he had no idea lol, 3 points and £60 or something like that.

The garage i use did send me one, bu I've had that many cars in the past 3 years I just threw it in the bin!! DOH!!

stamford
26-02-09, 06:44 PM
Any other time and you would have been followed! Lucky :yes:

markyzs180
26-02-09, 06:55 PM
Any other time and you would have been followed! Lucky :yes:

yeah you're right mick :look: the scary thing is because of a shift change at work we've used it everyday for tha last 3 weeks whereas some weeks it just sits on the drive looking pretty :wub:

Dan1971
26-02-09, 06:56 PM

It's not endorsable ... No points, just a fine.

TjP
26-02-09, 07:32 PM
It's not endorsable ... No points, just a fine.

Oh yes, youre right now that I think back. When he told me about it on msn he told me about a speeding fine too, so the points were for that (he confused me at the time and I thought that he meant he had lost his license because he implied he had gotten 3 points per thing within his first year of driving). But yeah it turned out to just be 3 for the speeding, so you are 100% correct! :slap:

arwilson80
02-03-09, 11:06 AM
Tut, Tut... No MOT...

Good to have all legal though again i bet.

markyzs180
02-03-09, 11:39 AM
Tut, Tut... No MOT...

Good to have all legal though again i bet.

Yep, and my car tax came through today so all ok for another 12 months!!!

afcbadam
02-03-09, 03:28 PM
its easially done fella's i have just this minute taxed my work van. didnt have a clue it had just run out, it was just chance that me and the boss were stood in front of it having a ciggy when he noticed. who knows i would have driven around like that before i noticed or even before the police stopped me

arwilson80
02-03-09, 03:33 PM
I do believe we get a reminder about MOT expiry here in N.I. The 1 good thing about goverment owned testing centres?

afcbadam
02-03-09, 03:35 PM
so do we. but mines goes to the office and not directly to me

stamford
02-03-09, 03:44 PM
My MOT is booked for Weds, taxed last Saturday, I have to check all the cars in our house, no other ****** will!