PDA

View Full Version : hand brake cable

kizer zose
27-02-09, 07:02 PM
im in the middle of a hand brake cable nightmare, sent the zs to the garage to get the back brakes, brake fluid, and coolant done..........this went well, no probs, the sh*t hits the fan when it comes to the handbrake cable, which i need to pass my re-test MOT. The guy said no worries ge this done in an hour.........day and a half later still not done he says the cable that he has got from the supplier is an inch short and hence the brakes binded , so no good, but it was cool he got anther set of cables.....guess what, still wrong size, btw ve now missed my retest mot, and road tax is up today also. so to cut a long story short, ive had to take the car away as i need it at the weekend, with no hand brake whats so ever (worse than it was when i put it in)

but ive to take it in on monday (he will call when he gets proper bits) to get it done, he also said he would do the mot retest for free.

btw, got the car mot,d the first time at the local council mechanics work shop.

markyzs180
27-02-09, 08:47 PM
Fingers crossed they get it sorted for you bud, good of em to sort the mot retest for ya if they're suppliers are getting it wrong!