PDA

View Full Version : poss drop in fuel

afcbadam
02-03-09, 08:45 PM
since fitting the decat im thinking my mpg has dropped. may just be me so will monitor it over a full tank and sensible driving to see what i get. any ideas? i know of the problems with the engine management light sometimes popping on after a decat but mine hasnt come on? the car is driving better than ever aswell.

shroonie29
02-03-09, 08:47 PM
Quite possibly it is you having a little maore fun

Shroon

weagie
02-03-09, 08:48 PM
I found the fuel to going that bit further as well mate. Did you fit the MIL sensor when you fitted the de-cat?

afcbadam
02-03-09, 08:52 PM
Quite possibly it is you having a little maore fun

Shroon

thats why im going to see what it does over the next full tank. maybe shroon im loving the sound to much! lol

afcbadam
02-03-09, 08:53 PM
I found the fuel to going that bit further as well mate. Did you fit the MIL sensor when you fitted the de-cat?

do you mean you were getting better fuel. i think im getting worse. no didnt fit the mil as the engine light hasnt come on (yet). been on over a week now.

weagie
02-03-09, 08:53 PM
I'm a dime bar! Missread you thread. I have noticed that a tank is lasting longer than before the de-cat, your just enjoying the new sound and better running now. lol

afcbadam
02-03-09, 08:55 PM
I'm a dime bar! Missread you thread. I have noticed that a tank is lasting longer than before the de-cat, your just enjoying the new sound and better running now. lol

lol. i replyed anyway. it does sound amazing so im hopeing its just that.

weagie
02-03-09, 08:59 PM
yeah the sound is brilliant, nice and subtle while cruising along but hit the loud pedal especially in a well built up area and just watch the heads turn! lol Not that i do such immature things, just heard of others doing it.

stamford
02-03-09, 09:00 PM
I found the opposite! Only slight but noticeable on my weekly commute.

Bobdope2002
02-03-09, 09:00 PM
yeah the sound is brilliant, nice and subtle while cruising along but hit the loud pedal especially in a well built up area and just watch the heads turn! lol Not that i do such immature things, just heard of others doing it.

i do it all the time i cant help myself,

The Sound still puts a smile on my face 18 months down the line

weagie
02-03-09, 09:04 PM
My amp and sub is redundant at the moment due to it. The grin factor hasnt worn off yet.

afcbadam
02-03-09, 09:09 PM
I found the opposite! Only slight but noticeable on my weekly commute.

thats what im hopeing for. lol its proberly my heavy foot and the noise.........
any way why am i complaining, i didnt buy a v6 to get good mpg! i brought it to be fast, loud and juicy :beer:

stamford
02-03-09, 09:11 PM
I'm more than happy with mine regardless, I mix commuting with a heavy foot most days, got to have some fun whilst driving :D

afcbadam
02-03-09, 09:11 PM
I'm more than happy with mine regardless, I mix commuting with a heavy foot most days, got to have some fun whilst driving :D

agreed! :)