PDA

View Full Version : how many zs's actually......

afcbadam
02-03-09, 08:50 PM
...... run a 0-60 in 7.3 seconds like the book said? i have read a lot dont on internet reviews.

my mate has a private farm and a long private road and my zs kept neck and neck with his octavia vrs 2.0 turbo 200bhp all the way to 110mph untill we ran out of road, and that has a book 0-60 in a sub 7 seconds. we both had very good gear changes during this aswell.

is it just people trying to be negative about the zs or is it true?

shroonie29
02-03-09, 08:54 PM
EVO magazine managed 7.1 on a proper test strip,iirc it was also damp at the time.My best to date is 6.3 :)

Shroon

afcbadam
02-03-09, 08:56 PM
EVO magazine managed 7.1 on a proper test strip,iirc it was also damp at the time.My best to date is 6.3 :)

Shroon

what you running to get 6.3 shroon. cant wait untill i get nearer that sort of figure

stamford
02-03-09, 08:58 PM
The figures quoted for 0-60 are a bit misleading as they are rehearsed by skilled drivers, seldom do journalists manage such times. I remember the HPF Firenza being quoted as 7.5 secs and that was back in 1974! No journo could get anywhere near it!

shroonie29
02-03-09, 08:59 PM
what you running to get 6.3 shroon. cant wait untill i get nearer that sort of figure

piper cat back
sports cat
no pre cat
no rear seats or gubbins in the boot
light weight bucket seats
drivers 4 point harness no OE drivers belt
ITG Maxogen induction
Light weight alloys
Lightweight flywheel

Shroon

TjP
02-03-09, 09:00 PM
My only experience is with my GTech acceleromter. Only used it once for a few runs, but IIRC it was reading 7.8 sec on average. That was, however, not long after I had got the car so I wasnt so familiar with the clutch, power band etc. I also think the GTech I have is telling me complete rubbish because it doesnt ask for the weight of the car, and when I did a BHP test it came up with about 110bhp! Its only the cheap, old unit so I doubt its accuracy tbh. It also told me my last car (110bhp) was getting to 60 in 7.5 sec on a good run, when it was stated as 8.9 by Suzuki (and Evo magazine apparently.)

Still, I might try it out again and see if anything is different. Better off with a stop watch and sat nav though I reckon!

Jay-ZS+
Do the 4point harness help then!! lol Thats a nice time and a nice bit of kit too.

afcbadam
i will have to do a couple of timed runs to see what its doing. it feels a lot quicker that 7.3 thats for sure

afcbadam
02-03-09, 09:04 PM
piper cat back
sports cat
no pre cat
no rear seats or gubbins in the boot
light weight bucket seats
drivers 4 point harness no OE drivers belt
ITG Maxogen induction
Light weight alloys
Lightweight flywheel

Shroon

did you have the pre cat 'cut out'. its cheaper than janspeed manifolds thats for sure. was there much difference with the llightened flywheel. i would rip the back seats out but then the nipper would have to tough it out in the boot or on the roof! :ohmy:

shroonie29
02-03-09, 09:15 PM
did you have the pre cat 'cut out'. its cheaper than janspeed manifolds thats for sure. was there much difference with the llightened flywheel. i would rip the back seats out but then the nipper would have to tough it out in the boot or on the roof! :ohmy:

The fly wheel is the best mod to date(was me who went out & had one made for the 180).I reckon a de-cat induction & flywheel will et you in the best area without internal mods

Shroon