PDA

View Full Version : ebay remap

afcbadam
02-03-09, 11:30 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHIP-TUNING-REMAP-for-MG-Rover-ZS-ZT-ZR_W0QQitemZ270339515529QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cars Parts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item270339515529&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318

Dan1971
03-03-09, 06:56 AM
Up to 30% ? I'm guessing that'd be for a turbo ....I can't see it giving us that much ... but, seems like a good offer. Full refund and money back if your not happy .... Rolling road booked externally either side of for a true reading.

:hmm:

brad414
03-03-09, 07:49 AM
the 30% prob refurs to the dieseal powered rovers and the petrol turbo's cant be re mapped full stop, i like the fact theat they can do it on ur door step how do they know that they have got the best out of ur car with out doing a session on the rollers:rip:

afcbadam
03-03-09, 03:37 PM
tbh. i wouldnt trust it atall. its not been tryed and tested. i would still head to superchips myself

R1CSO
03-03-09, 05:36 PM
thought unichip is better as superchips are off the shelf stuff and unichip is tailor made for your own engine and mods?

afcbadam
04-03-09, 07:29 PM
thought unichip is better as superchips are off the shelf stuff and unichip is tailor made for your own engine and mods?

superchips are used to get the best out of engine mods. so in a way taylor made.

of all the chips available for the zs i wouldnt go anywhere but superchips

p_b82
04-03-09, 08:17 PM
There is a freelance remapper based in the west country on .org that does all the L-series, and now he has gone 'solo' at his base in yeovil (taking over the remapping side of the business at performance3000).

does lots of different things\models... reidy remaps in google to see his currently basic site...

Gazza
05-03-09, 01:22 PM
There is a freelance remapper based in the west country on .org that does all the L-series, and now he has gone 'solo' at his base in yeovil (taking over the remapping side of the business at performance3000).

does lots of different things\models... reidy remaps in google to see his currently basic site...

That's who i'm gonna use when i've done a few more things to my diesel:geek:

p_b82
07-03-09, 04:35 PM
i will be going back to get my remap finished once the car is fixed..

first time iwas there the clutch hydraulics went, then 2 weeks after tha twas fixed the HG went but to get the point he offered me a 2nd remap sesion for 'free' as he did not get rproperly started on it the first time.... dont get that type of customer service just anywhere :)

Ricks180
07-03-09, 05:06 PM
This might sound thick but I was always told if you dont ask you'll never know. What is a remap and what does it involve? :bounce:

talkingcars
07-03-09, 05:40 PM
This might sound thick but I was always told if you dont ask you'll never know. What is a remap and what does it involve? :bounce:

visit the sellers website http://www.hammondauto.net/
or their suppliers - http://www.torquetronix.co.uk/

both have info.

Torquetronix only list diesels for the Zeds!

My only experience of a chipped car was a good one, I drove a standard Golf VR6 from Horsham to Cranleigh and a superchipped one back, you could feel the diffrence.

p_b82
08-03-09, 05:45 PM

Well if you have not read the links posted, the short of it, the instructions in the ECU that control the amount of fuel used at any given time are adjusted to provide more power. (there is a whole host of other changes that can be made as well, such as timing adjustements, rev limiter increases, torque limits etc etc)

Basically a good remapper can adjust almost anything that the car did originally to either tweak how you want it, or just go all out for power..

on the flip side If a person does not know what htey are doing you can have problems long term, i confess i dont know much about the petrol side, but diesel is almost a case of more fuel = more power.

If you go too far, then EGT's get too hot, and then amount of particualtes, plus the overheated exhuast turbine looses you torque. The balence is a bit of smoke but not too much, it gets trickier as you have pre-boost and post boost smoke levels to contend with too.

Most factory ECU maps are designed for longevity\reliability so a % increase can usually be got, but on a nasp engine they are usually quite small