PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody fitted braided brake hoses?

rbull51
03-03-09, 03:19 PM
As above, do they make that much difference, and are the easy to fit?

afcbadam
03-03-09, 03:24 PM
not fitted any. but from reviews they are good, but pointless unless you have gone the hole hog and had a brake conversion

RalphG
04-03-09, 02:33 PM
I don't agree with Adam. Braided brake hoses will improve any brake set up, particularly if the existing hoses are a few years old. Standard hoses that are a few years old tend to swell with the pressure, thereby reducing the braking forces. Decent quality braided hoses reduce this swelling to minimum.

XPCobra
04-03-09, 04:47 PM
the goodridge hoses don't seem to have the correct brackets for the zs, FINALLY got a decent set made up with the correct number of brackets, then just sold them, they will improve the brake feel a good bit tho.

shroonie29
04-03-09, 04:57 PM
http://www.goodridge.nl/gcat/hose/ancillery/locators/index.htm BLT-301NY

rbull51
05-03-09, 02:19 PM
the goodridge hoses don't seem to have the correct brackets for the zs, FINALLY got a decent set made up with the correct number of brackets, then just sold them, they will improve the brake feel a good bit tho.
I have seen the hoses on PTP. Are they easily fitted??

David
05-03-09, 04:00 PM
I fitted goodridge braided hoses to my ZR and found no difference apart from they look nice. The brackets as previosly mentioned don't match up nicely even though bought specifically for my year and model of car.

I would buy them to replace damaged stock ones purely for the look but i would not buy again on another car just for the sake of it

Supercharged_Z
27-08-09, 08:57 PM
http://www.goodridge.nl/gcat/hose/ancillery/locators/index.htm BLT-301NY

Shroonie, how many did you need to order? 1 pack? or is there 2?

drewbles
27-08-09, 09:09 PM
i had the goodridge hoses on my last zs 180 and i thought they made a difference and thats without goin the whole hog with a brake conversion just goodridge hoses and green stuff pads

will-w
27-08-09, 11:12 PM
I'm doing a 180 conversion on my derv... I wonder if it would be worth doing the hoses at the same time?

Z Scotland
28-08-09, 08:47 PM
I'm doing a 180 conversion on my derv... I wonder if it would be worth doing the hoses at the same time?

I'm sure the derv has the same suspension & brakes as the 180.:thumbsup:

sc9ar
28-08-09, 11:10 PM
all cars will benefit from having braided hoses fitted. the response will be quicker and sharper than regular ones with a few miles on them. if you don't feel any improvement there is more than likely an underlined problem :) some people aren't good with "feel" in cars so if you are one of them, no need to upgrade at all. only upgrade if you feel your current brakes aren't enough for your driving as they aren't exactly cheap

SticklesMickles
29-08-09, 08:03 AM
Had them on the scooby, a worthy upgrade, to be honest i dont feel they would be a worthy upgrade for the ZS as they seam to suffer from a sinking/creeping brake pedal so they will always feel a little soft if the pressure is getting lost...

talkingcars
29-08-09, 08:12 AM
Shroonie, how many did you need to order? 1 pack? or is there 2?

and where from?

will-w
29-08-09, 09:21 AM
I'm sure the derv has the same suspension & brakes as the 180.:thumbsup:

The derv uses the same shocks/springs as the 180 due to the weight of the engine, but the brakes are the same as the 120:no:

Supercharged_Z
29-08-09, 12:19 PM
i called the agent in the uk with regards to the clips but you have to buy 15 quids worth