PDA

View Full Version : MOT time again

stamford
04-03-09, 07:25 AM
The old girl is in today for its MOT, I see no reason why it should fail but I did worry when my brother-in-law took it last night to take into work to do! He works for a VW dealership and left me a car for work, I was hoping for something decent but a policy change scuppered that! Bloody 1.4 diesel Polo........................3 cylinder :ohmy: covered in signage too!

What a crock! It is so noisy for such a little car, worse high speed noise than my zed. All well and good if you are tight, 74mpg apparently.

He told me to remove my garter and air freshner from my mirror and also the docking cradle for my N95 as one tester would fail it! Talk about anal!

Will be interersting to see if the decat is as good as everyone says it is and passes the emissions.

arwilson80
04-03-09, 09:16 AM
What have you a garter on your mirror for... :)

...but the ZS should pass just fine i'd say.

stamford
04-03-09, 11:01 AM
What have you a garter on your mirror for... :)

...but the ZS should pass just fine i'd say.

:look: the garter was worn by the wife on her wedding day and has been hanging up from the interior mirror in every car I have ever owned :D

It's looking a bit weathered but I refuse to remove it! It is nearly 24 years old now ;)

markyzs180
04-03-09, 11:08 AM
Fingers crossed for you Mick....always a worrying time even when your certain theres nothing it can fail on, only got to have the tester in a bad mood and he'll pick up the slightest thing...

stamford
04-03-09, 11:22 AM
:look: still waiting!

markyzs180
04-03-09, 11:26 AM
the new polo looks nice though!! comes to something though when the talk of the geneva motor show is the new vw polo :unsure:

dave87
04-03-09, 11:39 AM
the talk of the show is the new renaultsports surely!

arwilson80
04-03-09, 12:48 PM
the new polo looks nice though!! comes to something though when the talk of the geneva motor show is the new vw polo :unsure:

the talk of the show is the new renaultsports surely!

AM, Bently and Rolls is what i've seen all over the place.

stamford
04-03-09, 12:50 PM
Just got the call...........passed again :D Never failed me yet.

However for the first time in its life it has a couple of adviseries:

N/S outer CV boot showing signs of age.
Windscreen has a few small chips-old age.
Both rear tyres getting low.
All good, I knew the tyres were low as these are on my list for the next pay day, get Brands out of the way then change them for two more T1R's ;)

CV boot will get done sometime in the near future when the weather improves. I'll see if one of those 'free' repairs will be enough to fettle the screen.

At least we can safely say a decat is not an MOT issue! :D

peterzs
04-03-09, 03:47 PM
Well done Mick, you might need the slicks on the back at Brands.:mml::mml::mml:

stamford
04-03-09, 06:56 PM
Seems the zed caused a bit of a stir at the garage this morning, my brother-in-law said it was like bees around a honeypot! The mechanics were all over it, they loved the exhaust on it. He was impressed with the car, he loved the handling, smooth ride and no rattles! He was also mighty impressed with the performance. So another convert perhaps? :D

He wants to go passenger at Brands in a couple of weeks, bang goes my fast laps then :D got another 12 stone to drag around!

afcbadam
04-03-09, 07:07 PM
happy to hear that mick, more so that it passed with a de-cat on as this is the only thing i will have at the back of my mind when mine goes in.

a 1.4 diesel polo? i bet you are glad to have the zed back after that thing!

Jay-ZS+
04-03-09, 07:20 PM
Nice one! What decat do you have mick? Do you think that different vartions might make a difference what about a mil sensor?

afcbadam
04-03-09, 07:24 PM
Nice one! What decat do you have mick? Do you think that different vartions might make a difference what about a mil sensor?

they wont make a difference. its only a straight bit of pipe. if internal diameters differ i still wouldnt think it would make a difference. mine so far hasnt needed a mil kit. thats with a janspeed decat from ptp

stamford
04-03-09, 07:36 PM
happy to hear that mick, more so that it passed with a de-cat on as this is the only thing i will have at the back of my mind when mine goes in.

a 1.4 diesel polo? i bet you are glad to have the zed back after that thing!

Yea, 1.4 diesel and 3 cylinders with a 600rpm power band!

No need to worry now about the decat :D

Mine's one of Aldons batch kindly donated by Blinky ;) A basic straight through version and no need for the MIL lead as yet.

shroonie29
04-03-09, 07:45 PM
Nice one Mick :)
The Zed did ya proud (as they do)

Shroon

stamford
04-03-09, 07:51 PM
Cheers, 4th time in a row, faultless! :D

markyzs180
04-03-09, 09:16 PM
Nice one mate...always a good day when it passes :clap2:

I had the same at the mot station the other day, they came from everywhere when i roared into the garage!! I let 2 of them take it for a spin and they both came back with dirty great grins on their faces and ran into the office to get on pistonheads looking for one!!!

stamford
05-03-09, 07:36 AM
I'm a bit miffed this morning, seems they have adjusted my handbrake as I only have 2 clicks max when it was set to book when I replaced the rear pads. I'll need to back them off as it is too good, worried about them overheating as there is feck all air gap.

Dan1971
05-03-09, 07:50 AM
....... I let 2 of them take it for a spin and they both came back with dirty great grins on their faces........

What !!!!

Very trusting of you mate .... lets see how good they are when the ticket comes flying through your door for speeding !

stamford
05-03-09, 09:43 AM
What !!!!

Very trusting of you mate .... lets see how good they are when the ticket comes flying through your door for speeding !

Yes, my thoughts too! I was worried as my brother-in-law took mine, I had to trust him! He was insured as it was in the company insurance. But I had to trust him and make sure it was not taken off the premises by their mechanics.

However, I did ask about my handbrake issue and was told they never touched it apart from the test. :hmmm: very strange that one, looks like I'll be under it this weekend to get the slack back in the system.

markyzs180
05-03-09, 10:07 AM
I know them well and the one who drove it let me have his 911 for a few hours once so it would've been rude of me to refuse ;)