PDA

View Full Version : Sigh... it looks like a ZS is on hold again...

MG mad
04-03-09, 09:54 PM
Just bought this http://www.realestate.co.nz/989994/images?s=media-photos so a ZS will have to wait for a little while, with any luck not too long but want one now, dammit...

markyzs180
04-03-09, 09:56 PM
when you get fed up with it i'll swap you my 180 for it...might have to be a bit of cash coming my way though :tease:

stamford
05-03-09, 07:34 AM
That is fantastic! I can see why it will need to wait. What I would give to have something like that and you have a large garage!

I hate you now! :D

Dan1971
05-03-09, 07:35 AM
Whole new meaning to "can't see the wood for the trees ! " Any bears ?

Very nice place to be ....

arwilson80
05-03-09, 09:17 AM
House or ZS... Hard question!

At least you can afford a house. The way prices have risen here and the whole credit crunch and fall in intrest rates have reduced what i would have considered a reasonable deposit to almost nothing.

stamford
05-03-09, 09:38 AM
The house prices have dropped quite a bit down our way Alan. My mother-in-laws place has been on the market for about a year with various buyers pulling out, in that time the price has dropped by £35k. Her place is a terraced 3 large bedrooms with rear vehicular access, requires some work mind and is going for £105k! When at their height a good example were fetching circa £165k.

I'm tempted to get mine valued, but worried incase it has gone the other away. At one point it was circa £250k, now more like £200k if I'm lucky. Still on a fixed rate until August............so I'll be seeing a large drop :D

arwilson80
05-03-09, 11:20 AM
I know what you mean... Our prices are still sticking stubbornly high as we are set to weather the downturn better than the rest of the UK. :(

Take your pick though: c.10% deposit (which isn't good enough here any longer) on a terrace house, or a c.25% deposit on a detatched house in the US for the same amount down. ;)

stamford
05-03-09, 11:25 AM
Don't get me going on the US property prices! I have read so many real estate brochures to make me green with envy!

SharronB
05-03-09, 12:54 PM
Oh wow! that is gorgeous....:wub:

Bobdope2002
05-03-09, 01:08 PM
yeh thats a nice place u got theyre

MG mad
05-03-09, 07:05 PM
Cheers guys :D I said we could sleep in the back of the ZS, but apparently that's not going to work...

We do of course have to find some way of getting the 20% deposit, but the mortgage broker assures me it's under control... will find out in a few hours, fingers crossed.

stamford
05-03-09, 07:07 PM
I look at places like that and wonder why am I still here? I should pull my finger out and make the jump!

MG mad
05-03-09, 07:09 PM
Whole new meaning to "can't see the wood for the trees ! " Any bears ?

Very nice place to be ....

'Fraid not, no bears in NZ. They got eaten by the moa before the Maori arrived.

MG mad
20-04-09, 02:37 AM
Well, now that the banks have done their thing and we owe lots of money, we've officially moved in, although there is still mess everywhere.

Garage currently has MGF, Midget and Metro Turbo sitting in it, taking up less than 1/3 of the floor space :D Plenty of room for more :D Cruelly, there is a MK1 180 that lives nearby (always when I can't afford it) which I've followed to work, would be one of ~5 or 6 in Auckland...

stamford
20-04-09, 07:37 AM
Glad to hear you are in, at least you have a decent garage of cars and size, be patient!

R8NMG
20-04-09, 11:49 AM
Cruelly, there is a MK1 180 that lives nearby (always when I can't afford it) which I've followed to work, would be one of ~5 or 6 in Auckland...

Small world :smile1:

MG mad
20-04-09, 11:05 PM
Small world indeed, have also seen a derv ZS in the village from time to time, must be just about the highest concentration of ZS' in NZ! ;)

Fiancee has now decided she doesn't want an S4/RS4 as her 'sensible' go fast wagon (she is set to come into some serious inheritance, and wants a new everyday car), and now wants a ZT-T V8... Can't fault her taste on that really! I wonder if we'll get a discount for shipping 2 cars... :-P Her list of dream cars is getting longer than mine...

Now have the dehumidifier running in the garage to try and combat some of the damp, just need a new work bench and a beer fridge and the garage is sorted :D

stamford
21-04-09, 07:16 AM
There have been a few bargin ZT-T 260's of late, I must say she has got taste! :D

Yampiedog
21-04-09, 08:18 AM
Get the car, you can't drive a house :joker: