PDA

View Full Version : Grinning like a cheshire cat....

Phate
12-03-09, 01:31 PM
My wallet is now significantly lighter....

:sly:

Put it this way, you'll all hear me coming ;)
:super:

peterzs
12-03-09, 03:13 PM
Dont forget the decibel testing at Brands, hope its OK for that. No sticking oranges up the pipe or whatever they do to silence it.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Murray203ps
12-03-09, 04:00 PM
you had all the way to the mannis done phate. Would be interesting to hear what it sounds like.:)

arwilson80
12-03-09, 04:07 PM
How much would having no exhaust cost... Can't imagine it being that much. :p

Phate
12-03-09, 05:37 PM
you had all the way to the mannis done phate. Would be interesting to hear what it sounds like.:)

hehe yep.

Manifolds,
Decat,
Catback,
Back Box
Mil Illiminator
and fitting :)

Oh I can't wait :D

weagie
12-03-09, 05:44 PM
well in mate. Gonna sound the muts!

Phate
12-03-09, 05:47 PM
With any luck :D

I'm gonna video it going into the workshop...and then video it coming out :D

Before and after kinda thing.

afcbadam
12-03-09, 05:57 PM
when is this going to be done mate. i have only the manifolds left to do, starting to save is the hard bit!

Phate
12-03-09, 06:02 PM
when is this going to be done mate. i have only the manifolds left to do, starting to save is the hard bit!

Well I rang Ralph today and ordered them, he said if they are in stock it'll be a couple of days...so hopefully early next week :)

stamford
12-03-09, 07:29 PM
My god what it is to be single with no mortgage!

ZS180V6
12-03-09, 07:51 PM
Well I rang Ralph today and ordered them, he said if they are in stock it'll be a couple of days...so hopefully early next week :)

Ralph (EMS) did my de-cat and inter section 2 weeks ago already had the X power back box. Did not get manifolds too expensive.

Makes a bit of difference much more power like a different car.....

stamford
12-03-09, 07:53 PM
Will Peter be able to keep up! :laugh:

Craig
12-03-09, 08:29 PM

Your not wrong there mate!

shroonie29
12-03-09, 08:36 PM
Nice one :)

But I do have a question lol
MOT with no cats?I take it you will be keeping the OE cat to change every year?

Shroon

Phate
12-03-09, 08:56 PM

Shroon

Over the phone MOT ;)

ZS180V6
12-03-09, 09:00 PM

Shroon

No the pre-cat should be enough ..

TjP
12-03-09, 09:08 PM
Thats gonna sound saweeeet :thumbsup:

shroonie29
12-03-09, 09:09 PM

It would be if he had one lol

Manifolds,
Decat,
Catback,
Back Box
Mil Illiminator
and fitting :)

Shroon

Phate
13-03-09, 04:02 AM
Thats gonna sound saweeeet :thumbsup:

With any luck :D :hannibal:

arwilson80
13-03-09, 09:21 AM

Your not wrong there mate!

I have no idea what you are talking about... It's still hard enough, especially if you are trying to save to get one.:shutup:

peterzs
13-03-09, 09:50 AM
I can always put down the black oily smoke screen when you try and pass, remember Murray!!!! Says he lost the track. :evil::evil::evil::clap::clap:

stamford
13-03-09, 11:25 AM
I have no idea what you are talking about... It's still hard enough, especially if you are trying to save to get one.:shutup:

and when you get one you wish you hadn't :laugh:

I don't see the point of buying a house these days, you spend all of your life paying an obscene amount of money in for bricks and mortar, the only people that benefit from this will be the nursing home! If, when you get to this stage of your life, qualify to go live in a nursing home social will only pay a maximum of £415 per week towards the costs, the rest comes out of the pot, if there is no pot then the family have to make up the shortfall. Goodbye to inheritence and the nestegg you thought you had made gets consumed.

markyzs180
13-03-09, 01:33 PM
and when you get one you wish you hadn't :laugh:

I don't see the point of buying a house these days, you spend all of your life paying an obscene amount of money in for bricks and mortar, the only people that benefit from this will be the nursing home! If, when you get to this stage of your life, qualify to go live in a nursing home social will only pay a maximum of £415 per week towards the costs, the rest comes out of the pot, if there is no pot then the family have to make up the shortfall. Goodbye to inheritence and the nestegg you thought you had made gets consumed.

Going through this at the moment with my wifes grandfather and it has completely changed my views on my situation! Anything above £13k is 'theirs' to use for your nursing care so what is the point of it all? Might as well spend it all on good times as the guy next to him has, same care, same home, no top ups!

stamford
13-03-09, 01:42 PM
Indeed Marky, it certainly makes you think and ensure your own parents try and stay in their own home. My wife has been in the care profession all her life and she won't allow any of her family, or mine come to that, to go into a home. She is dead against it.

peterzs
13-03-09, 02:37 PM
There is a way of ring fencing 50% of the property value so that the social can not use the whole of the house against nursing home costs. You would have to check it out with a solicitor though, I was going down this route but things sorted themselves out and we didnt need to.

Phate
13-03-09, 02:39 PM
I am interested to know how my thread based on exhausts of pure awesomeness got turned into how to save money from the goverment :p

peterzs
13-03-09, 03:09 PM
I am interested to know how my thread based on exhausts of pure awesomeness got turned into how to save money from the goverment :p

:sorry: We would love to hear the ZS awesomeness new exhaust system, I am bringing my ear defenders up on Thursday. I'll buy you a beer if its the best sounding Zed.:bow::bow:

Phate
13-03-09, 03:13 PM
I'm not drinking....got a bet on with a mate. Make it a Lilt and your on :D

EDIT: Now just praying Ralph gets it in soon enough and can fit it by Thursday!!!!

markyzs180
13-03-09, 03:39 PM

Soz kiddo...hijacked thread there but we've got to do something whilst your dragging your feet getting it done :D you can't tease people with 'before and after video clips' then expect them o hang around patiently saying nowt whilst waiting :joker:

Phate
13-03-09, 03:46 PM
Haha, I'm not fussed :)

I've been on the internet long enough to witness a thread hijack or....7

XPCobra
13-03-09, 04:47 PM
Over the phone MOT ;)

Is that not daft? not knowing whats wrong with ur car? unless you know the testing methods?

As for exhaust can't wait to hear the sound clips :D

Phate
13-03-09, 05:47 PM
Is that not daft? not knowing whats wrong with ur car? unless you know the testing methods?

As for exhaust can't wait to hear the sound clips :D

The car will get a full MOT but I don't need to worry about the decat, put it that way.

Phate
23-03-09, 10:04 AM
Just had a phone call....ITS IN ITS IN ITS IN ITS IN :D :D :D :mbounce: :mml: :clap:

Tomorrow morning people....bring on the fitment :D

stamford
23-03-09, 12:37 PM
Just had a phone call....ITS IN ITS IN ITS IN ITS IN :D :D :D :mbounce: :mml: :clap:

Said the actress to the bishop.............

wilko66
23-03-09, 12:51 PM
Said the actress to the bishop.............

:laugh::laugh: haven't heard that one for a long time, .....................:slap::noexpression:i must be old

wilko66
23-03-09, 12:53 PM

Tomorrow morning?:huh:...........why whats going on.............We're fully booked :shifty:

stamford
23-03-09, 12:56 PM
:laugh::laugh: haven't heard that one for a long time, .....................:slap::noexpression:i must be old

:whistle: my dad told me it!

Phate
23-03-09, 02:36 PM
Tomorrow morning?:huh:...........why whats going on.............We're fully booked :shifty:

:whistle:

wilko66
23-03-09, 05:42 PM
Ralph (EMS) did my de-cat and inter section 2 weeks ago already had the X power back box. Did not get manifolds too expensive.

Makes a bit of difference much more power like a different car.....

Ralph did it?? ..............................:boxing::spank:..... ...I'd would of liked to seen that:wacko:

Phate
23-03-09, 08:23 PM
It does happen providing you fuel him with sausage rolls!!

wilko66
23-03-09, 08:32 PM
It does happen providing you fuel him with sausage rolls!!

he goes better on sctotch eggs..........................................anyw ay we're closed tomorrow:tease:

Phate
23-03-09, 08:39 PM
he goes better on sctotch eggs..........................................anyw ay we're closed tomorrow:tease:

scotch eggs you say...hmm...I may arrive with treats tomorrow :wizard:

And by the way, my car is now semi clean! :-D

wilko66
23-03-09, 08:43 PM
scotch eggs you say...hmm...I may arrive with treats tomorrow :wizard:

And by the way, my car is now semi clean! :-D

It may be possible to open for a short time if treats are involved:icecream:................................ Oh and because My janspeed mid section came with your stuff :strongbench:

Phate
23-03-09, 08:57 PM
ahh good lad.

Do want to pester you about rear headrests and among other things. As one does, got a weird 'dong' sound randomly coming from the front right corner....you'll need to investigate that :p

stamford
23-03-09, 09:01 PM
ahh good lad.

Do want to pester you about rear headrests and among other things. As one does, got a weird 'dong' sound randomly coming from the front right corner....you'll need to investigate that :p

S'funny you saying that, I've developed a knocking from what sounds like within my drivers door since Brands, very odd. Also had my nearside exhaust mount shear since then.

wilko66
23-03-09, 09:21 PM
S'funny you saying that, I've developed a knocking from what sounds like within my drivers door since Brands, very odd. Also had my nearside exhaust mount shear since then.

knocking........thats probably your walking stick mick :joker:.................I'll get my coat

stamford
23-03-09, 09:23 PM
knocking........thats probably your walking stick mick :joker:.................I'll get my coat

:laugh:....................oh yea! :oldtimer:

Phate
23-03-09, 09:25 PM

It's very random, I only get it whilst turning....but its rare.

For example, I took a roundabout so turned onto it, went around it, then turned off it, so left right left...each one met with an almighty DOOONNGGG

I love my car :D

Fudgepacker
23-03-09, 09:34 PM

i got told that the 120 needed to cats as the emissions were so high it would fail other wise

wilko66
23-03-09, 09:34 PM
It's very random, I only get it whilst turning....but its rare.

For example, I took a roundabout so turned onto it, went around it, then turned off it, so left right left...each one met with an almighty DOOONNGGG

I love my car :D

sounds a bit springy to me, sometimes yhey get dry and then get sticktion.... so to speak so when you turn they stick then let go and move with a doing. we'll have a look tomoz dude don't sweat. I'm sure your wallet can cope :p

Phate
23-03-09, 09:35 PM
lol at your rates? you sure ? :p ;)

I take it you take payment in forms of Krispy Kremes.

wilko66
23-03-09, 09:38 PM
Jason and I take payment in all food types, its Ralph who wants money

Phate
23-03-09, 09:42 PM
Sozzy rolls it is as they are only round the corner :D

I'll be there about 11 guys...mmmkay

stamford
23-03-09, 09:43 PM
My god, you guys are so cheap! :fishing:

Phate
23-03-09, 09:45 PM

You wanna pay my bill to Ralph then? :sly:

Feel free to nip down tomorrow....:happy:

wilko66
23-03-09, 09:46 PM
Sozzy rolls it is as they are only round the corner :D

I'll be there about 11 guys...mmmkay

well a bit earlier would be better coz the sausage rolls would be still warm. but if thats the time you can make it :cool2:

wilko66
23-03-09, 09:47 PM

you'd be amazed at what we will do for a warm sausage roll:smile2:

stamford
23-03-09, 09:49 PM
You wanna pay my bill to Ralph then? :sly:

Feel free to nip down tomorrow....:happy:

If I did decide to come, you lot would have eaten them all! :greedy:

well a bit earlier would be better coz the sausage rolls would be still warm. but if thats the time you can make it :cool2:

I like your thinking! :D

Phate
23-03-09, 09:50 PM
Tsk! so picky!!

SharronB
23-03-09, 09:50 PM
you'd be amazed at what we will do for a warm sausage roll:smile2:

I would hold out for a bacon buttie :yes:

Phate
23-03-09, 09:51 PM
Couple of baps always goes down well

stamford
23-03-09, 09:51 PM

Indeed, like I said, they are cheap and will do anything for a sausage roll! :laugh:

wilko66
23-03-09, 09:52 PM
If I did decide to come, you lot would have eaten them all! :greedy:

I like your thinking! :D

:shifty: nooooo of course not :whistle:

stamford
23-03-09, 09:52 PM
Couple of baps always goes down well.

'cuse me? :whistle:

wilko66
23-03-09, 09:54 PM

:hmmm: you could be right, I could be selling myself too cheap

Phate
23-03-09, 09:54 PM
'cuse me? :whistle:

:detective:

wilko66
23-03-09, 09:55 PM

How very dare you....................Oh i see what you mean

Phate
23-03-09, 09:56 PM
How very dare you....................Oh i see what you mean

aaaaannnd the penny drops :clap:

stamford
23-03-09, 09:57 PM

aaaaannnd the penny drops :clap:

Oh dear! :console:

SharronB
23-03-09, 09:59 PM

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk107/MollyWheezes/smilies/flash.gifNah only if they have bacon in them :D

Phate
23-03-09, 10:00 PM
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk107/MollyWheezes/smilies/flash.gifNah only if they have bacom in them :D
:happy2::mbounce:

Quality reply.

stamford
23-03-09, 10:03 PM
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk107/MollyWheezes/smilies/flash.gifNah only if they have bacon in them :D

:laugh: pmsl!

XPCobra
24-03-09, 12:01 AM
ahh good lad.

its the coil spring, mines used to do it until i changed the springs, have known for people to remove and clean the spring up and grease where it sits on the shock absorber to solve the problem.

Phate
24-03-09, 12:19 AM
Fair dues, we shall see what Mr John says tomorrow.

ZS180V6
24-03-09, 07:10 AM

Well even funnier that you should say that too...

I have also now got the same noise.

It must be something around the liner that has been moved by the air speed ??

I did look but could not see any problem.

I even thought the car seemed a bit lower and maybe the wheel were rubbing some how ( I know its not ).

Anyway the first one to find the problem wins..

My money is on wilko66

stamford
24-03-09, 07:20 AM
What's the odds of that then Craig? :laugh: That'll mean taking the door cards off, I hate those jobs, bits pinging everywhere and requiring a knife to access the innards!

arwilson80
24-03-09, 08:58 AM
I mentioned this to the guy that does the mechanic work on my car... He said that there's a bush at the top of the strut that tends to fail and it sounds exactly like a broken spring 'boing'...

Boot Hill Bandit
24-03-09, 09:20 AM
I mentioned this to the guy that does the mechanic work on my car... He said that there's a bush at the top of the strut that tends to fail and it sounds exactly like a broken spring 'boing'...

Polybushing time it is then! :laugh:

Jim

arwilson80
24-03-09, 10:29 AM
Polybushing time it is then! :laugh:

Jim

I have been thinking about it for months... :blush: I haven't convinced myself to send the £300+ to do it though (yet).