PDA

View Full Version : Big thanks to rsm - george

jp kelly
12-03-09, 05:21 PM
ok so yeh yeh thanks to george for fixing my plenum or whatever.

George helped me out bigtime this week so much!

first of all he drove up from stafford to help me look at the zed, then he got it cheaper for me, which was even better!

sunday the clutch went, so he drove up again in his warrior, and drove mine home cos id never drove one without a clutch. then sunday the car was stripped by john, had a new clutch put in, a sheddist clutch kit, new thermostat and housing, some pipes ( dunno wot ) was changed haha, new set of plugs while it was in bits, he lent me the warrior to get home and then met me tuesday with my car all fixed

SO THANKS GEORGE AND JOHN for all your help, ALAN F also helped out were he could and taught me a few things about the v6, we had a good laugh aswell, and now I LOVE MY CAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO WHOEVER STILL THINKS GEORGE IS A BAD PERSON IS WRONG

talkingcars
12-03-09, 05:39 PM

Judging by the number of threads on the forums it would seem that he is trying hard to lose his previous bad reputation, lets hope the new one lasts.

Phate
12-03-09, 05:44 PM

I know he has a history...but so does everyone. Has anyone ever heard of second chances?

Personally I'd like to see him unbanned and let him post here on a clean slate.

All people hear about him these days is good things so he is clearly trying hard to clear his name and fair play to him.

I know for a fact if it wasn't for him my car wouldn't be on the road right now...same for Typhoons as well.

afcbadam
12-03-09, 05:52 PM
what was his previous history? i can say i have only heard good things about him.

Phate
12-03-09, 06:01 PM
what was his previous history? i can say i have only heard good things about him.

Basically there are all sorts of stories going around about how he took parts from one car that wasn't his and sold them to someone else and all sorts.

I've spent many hours on the phone to him, and considering he was willing to come down from where ever he's based (oop north) to have a look at my car, then supply the parts (which included him running them down to me) for a very good price...I can only say if it wasn't for him my car would not be hear today. So I'm always willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

He gets a lot of bad luck and a lot of things knock him down....fair play for him to keep soldiering on like he does trying to rebuild A) his reputation and B) his life.

Craig
12-03-09, 06:06 PM
Judging by the number of threads on the forums it would seem that he is trying hard to lose his previous bad reputation, lets hope the new one lasts.

+1, It does seem that hes working well now.

Supercharged_Z
12-03-09, 06:19 PM
its nice to hear the people opinions are changing. rightly so too :)

especialy those who have had work done by him

Bobdope2002
12-03-09, 06:24 PM
JP u need a new drivers seat like me

I actually did a bit of work for george yesterday got paid and everything lol

i intend on taking mine up they're for its next service and clutch kit as soon as i get a proper perm job

afcbadam
12-03-09, 06:32 PM
where is he located.

Phate
12-03-09, 06:34 PM
Quite close to Donnington if I remember correctly.

Bobdope2002
12-03-09, 06:39 PM
Quite close to Donnington if I remember correctly.

miles and miles from donnigton matey

he is situated down the road from britania stadium (stoke Citys Ground)

Phate
12-03-09, 06:50 PM
miles and miles from donnigton matey

he is situated down the road from britania stadium (stoke Citys Ground)

Ah well, it's all 'oop norf' to me anyway :D

Bobdope2002
12-03-09, 06:58 PM
Ah well, it's all 'oop norf' to me anyway :D

lol u southerners

Southside_ZS
12-03-09, 09:54 PM

Im not bringing it up again but a search on google will bring up plenty.

jp kelly
13-03-09, 05:41 AM
he is based 5 mins from alton towers. bobdope you could of atleast washed mine while you was there

john180
13-03-09, 08:43 AM

well next time you see him can you tell him i would like my zs boot springs that i paid for months ago - last year some time?

Ive pm'ed and emailed him but nothing...

Alan.F
13-03-09, 09:02 AM
Im not bringing it up again but a search on google will bring up plenty.

Give the guy a break will you he is nothing like he used to be (if all what you read is true) I have been dealing with him for a while now and not had any issues at all i have just bought a mint ZR105 off him for my son 67k miles full history 2 owners from new for £850

arwilson80
13-03-09, 09:27 AM

Seems like it, and i hope it's true, but...

It takes years to build a good reputation, and just 1 thing to destroy it.

talkingcars
13-03-09, 03:49 PM
Basically there are all sorts of stories going around about how he took parts from one car that wasn't his and sold them to someone else and all sorts.
I have personally experience and have been given many first had storys by others but as he appears to have amended his ways I am not sharing them on here.

Southside_ZS
13-03-09, 05:49 PM
well next time you see him can you tell him i would like my zs boot springs that i paid for months ago - last year some time?

Hmm really sounds like he's changed his ways then :no:

Phate
13-03-09, 05:55 PM

Tried ringing him?

Supercharged_Z
13-03-09, 07:40 PM

John, have you tried contacting him?

honestly the amount of ZS's going through there for bits is huge, a set of boot springs really wouldnt be a huge hassle, im sure there is a decent reason.

PM me and il pass it on and get it sorted!!!!

ross

Phate
13-03-09, 07:40 PM
Aye, I've got his number if you want it. Seriously the amount he has going on you gotta keep reminding :D

Supercharged_Z
13-03-09, 07:56 PM
Aye, I've got his number if you want it. Seriously the amount he has going on you gotta keep reminding :D

it shouldnt be a case of that, if you buy somthing you shouldnt have to remind them that you bought it, however things do get overlooked and i would like to sort it, there are 4+ zs's going through there a week at the mo, and i doubt that its somthing that is hard to get if you know what i mean, just overlooked!!!

let me know and il sort it

Phate
13-03-09, 07:57 PM
Yes I agree, you shouldn't have to keep reminding, but unfortunately this is sometimes the case with George.

talkingcars
13-03-09, 08:02 PM
Seriously the amount he has going on you gotta keep reminding :D
If I pay a company for a product I expect to get that product, I don't expect to have chase them, especially if they are trying to improve their reputation.

Phate
13-03-09, 08:03 PM
If I pay a company for a product I expect to get that product, I don't expect to have chase them, especially if they are trying to improve their reputation.

Granted, but everybody is human. And sometime people forget things.

Supercharged_Z
13-03-09, 08:16 PM

hence what i said, i recently bought somthing from a very reputable company despite it saying 5 working days 3 weeks later nothing, 1 call and it was there next day!!!

it shouldnt have to happen but sometimes it does. deal with it

talkingcars
14-03-09, 07:49 AM
But John180 says he has chased him.

sarah
14-03-09, 08:19 AM
Shouldnt have to be chasing someone for an item they bought, if i were john id be demanding my money back or paying a visit to R.S.M

Supercharged_Z
14-03-09, 08:57 AM
Shouldnt have to be chasing someone for an item they bought, if i were john id be demanding my money back or paying a visit to R.S.M

shouldnt have to but from time to time it happens it does, its a shame george never responded but i will sort it today

Well these are the options, and as i said leave it with me today and i will sort it.

Supercharged_Z
14-03-09, 02:06 PM

Hi John,

Please can you pm the details, are you sure that its RSM you bought them off?

how did you try and contact him?

Cheers
Ross