PDA

View Full Version : HPI - Bloomin Cheek of it !!!

markyzs180
13-03-09, 02:09 PM
Recieved a very official looking letter from HPI this morning requesting that I fill out a form supplying as much detail as possible regarding a Mini Cooper Covertible I owned a couple of years ago, i.e mileages, service dates, etc etc. It duped the wife who said that I'd better get it filled out and sent back as they had stated it was a matter of urgency!!! I toyed with the idea of filling the form in with hyperspace mileages and service dates in the future but decided on just sending a reply requesting a payment of £35 at which time I would then give them the info they wanted so that they could then sell it on for a profit :tease:

In all seriousness though, if they'd have offered even something like a £5 voucher for Argos or something I'd have gladly given it them but to try and get it for free on the premise that together were doing it for a greater good is a bit much and quoting the DVLA in a few places is a bit naughty as well, duping people into thinking its being done by them and not HPI.