PDA

View Full Version : Size of the boot

R1CSO
16-03-09, 10:17 AM
Does anyone know the size of the boot in litres of a Mk2 ZS 180 saloon?

arwilson80
16-03-09, 10:33 AM
I guess 'Huge' doesn't work for you then. :)

As a quick guess calculation i'd say around 650L (90cm front to back, 60cm floor to boot lid, and 120cm wide). It's probably on the low side, but i'm nowhere near it to measure and see. :)

If you are near yours then it's (height (in cm) * width (in cm) * depth (in cm)) / 1000 to get the litre capacity.

TjP
16-03-09, 10:57 AM
Luggage Capacity 470 L

According to Parkers...

Phate
16-03-09, 12:46 PM
I can fit a lot of crap in it.

Does that help?

Alan.F
16-03-09, 02:32 PM
I can get a months shopping in mine all on one level does that help lol

R8NMG
16-03-09, 03:07 PM
I can get 2 large suitcases in.

Does that help?

talkingcars
16-03-09, 05:56 PM
I can fit a lot of crap in it.

I have a lot of crap in mine! So much so that we can't get.......

..... a months shopping in mine all on one level does that help lol
I would strugle to get a packed lunch in!:huh:

I have 2 rear window electric winders, an electric lumber support kit that I don't need, my centre consol arm rest, a huge hi-viz coat, boxes of tools, my old front caliper that I changed in July and should have sent back for a refund of the deposit and the other stuff I can't remember because I haven't seen it for so long.

Jay-ZS+
16-03-09, 05:59 PM
Why is that, planning how many woofers will fit in it???

afcbadam
16-03-09, 06:50 PM
Luggage Capacity 470 L

According to Parkers...

thats correct. fast saloons also quote that

Craig
16-03-09, 06:58 PM
I have a lot of crap in mine! So much so that we can't get.......

Me too. Got my sub and amp. Trolley jack, loads of tools. Black Magic tail lights. Site banner. Football. Cleaning stuff. Spark plug cover thingy I bought off KevG last year and havent got round to fitting. Old calipers and some other random things lol

Bobdope2002
16-03-09, 07:15 PM
i have nothin in my boot what so ever

Phate
16-03-09, 07:19 PM
I sense a boot war, I'm gonna go take a pic of mine!!!

TjP
16-03-09, 07:27 PM
I did have a load of tools in mine but I got rid of most of it because of the weight, and just kept the socket set and cross wrench for emergency use...

Jay-ZS+
16-03-09, 07:43 PM
Me too. Got my sub and amp. Trolley jack, loads of tools. Black Magic tail lights. Site banner. Football. Cleaning stuff. Spark plug cover thingy I bought off KevG last year and havent got round to fitting. Old calipers and some other random things lol

God your shed/ garage must be overflowing if you have all that crap in your boot!!

Phate
16-03-09, 07:44 PM
http://www.je-design.co.uk/boot.jpg

If that helps...

Anyone would think I work in computers :p

Fudgepacker
16-03-09, 07:52 PM
i got 2 amps one big sub and the shoping now has to go on the back seat but i have a hatch and if any thik liquid goes in the boot like milk it comes out like foam after bloady bass lines

Fudgepacker
16-03-09, 07:53 PM
http://www.je-design.co.uk/boot.jpg

If that helps...

Anyone would think I work in computers :p

HOLY **** you could hid some bodys under that and no one will know

Jay-ZS+
16-03-09, 08:10 PM
i got 2 amps one big sub and the shoping now has to go on the back seat but i have a hatch and if any thik liquid goes in the boot like milk it comes out like foam after bloady bass lines

Know what you mean my new install has 3 amps and 2 subs plus half an alloy lol and thats a hatch got to bring all my gfs stuff back from uni at the weekend!! Wonder if they do a roof rack for the zs?!!! lol

R1CSO
16-03-09, 08:44 PM
Well i was gona put a 10" sub in the centre of the parvccel shelf. Will the sub work efficiently? Might fix a box to the underside of the parcel shelf so the sub will work propper

Jay-ZS+
16-03-09, 08:52 PM
Yer you want to build a box but not sure the parcel shelf would take a sub may be worth building of out of ply of mdf

Stephen
16-03-09, 09:00 PM
Currently in the 45 there is a spare 11 spoke the rear part of the Axis seats a lip spoiler and alot of other junk.

in the Monty theres nothing :rofl:

talkingcars
17-03-09, 06:10 AM
God your shed/ garage must be overflowing if you have all that crap in your boot!!

Yeap, both are full of stuff, engines, wheels, dashboards, wings, trailers, trim, looms, window winders, timber....................

might get some photos at the weekend.