PDA

View Full Version : Another Dead Zed :( RIP :(

markyzs180
21-03-09, 08:51 PM
Courtesy of a P plated driver who thought she could search in her handbag whilst on her phone whilst driving down a busy dual carraigeway she completely failed to see a stopped line of traffic and smashed straight into them without even hitting the brakes and my brother happened to be sitting 2 cars down so got it front and rear :(

Can't see this ever coming back, bonnet, grille, front bumper, front crossmember, rear bumper, rear valance, tailgate, and small crease in nearside rear quarter are all visible without even stripping it down.

He's removing his ICE tomorrow and anything he can take off that won't be too obvious as he'll be looking for a mk2 180 when the money comes through.

As some of you will have seen in the for sale section this car was on pistonheads and he had 4 people coming to look at it tomorrow, he's had to phone them all and they are all as gutted as he is!

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii228/marky123450/DSC00272-1.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii228/marky123450/DSC00270-1.jpg

TjP
21-03-09, 08:57 PM
Disaster :( Was such a nice car too!

Oh well, fingers crossed your bro gets an over-the-odds payout and ends up better off!! That would be nice! Shame to see a Zed disappear from the roads though :( Maybe someone will repair it, but thats a long shopping list if so.

arwilson80
21-03-09, 09:03 PM
:cry: looks a nice car too.

wilko66
21-03-09, 09:17 PM
flippin eck mate, and that was such a sweet car too.:console:

grimmy
21-03-09, 09:18 PM
take the dozy tart to court for every penny she has, that really rips my knitting that these idiots are on the road

Jay-ZS+
22-03-09, 06:41 AM
ouch sorry to hear that mate was a real nice example as well.
hes not wantin to sell any bits off it is he?

skyblueads
22-03-09, 07:04 AM
Such a shame, glorious colour too. Silly cow. I hope the police are involved, that a serious offence if she was on her phone. What a total idiot, it's a real shame what's happened to the Zed, but she could have killed someone.

stamford
22-03-09, 07:50 AM
Shocking news, glad he's okay but gutted for your brother......................or is he? ;)

SharronB
22-03-09, 08:44 AM
What a shame......never seen a pink zed before :w00t:

peterzs
22-03-09, 09:19 AM
It makes you wonder if its worth having old tyres front and back, most of the write offs seem to be rear end shunts. If youve got a ZS even driving it as it should you dont get many driver accidents.

Southside_ZS
22-03-09, 09:19 AM
Doesn't look to bad to be honest. I've repaired worse. Even if the insurance write it off i'd imagine it'll get sold as repairable salvage. Doubt it'll be broken for spares.

RudeDogg1
22-03-09, 09:41 AM
it was a woman driver doing the same sort of thing that wrote off my ford onion i was stopped indicating to turn into the petrol station. She was playing with her sterio and bam. Joke was on her tho id just come from a garage to get a second opinion on work that needed doing brakes all round, cam belt, clutch and prob more lol o and she was only 3rd party on her dads ins and only past a month b4 o and her car was totaled it was about half its orig length.

Maxfly
22-03-09, 10:05 AM
Absolute shitter, mind you least it maybe help your bro get his 180 sooner, and i agree with southside, think it will be sold as damage repairable:)

RudeDogg1
22-03-09, 10:29 AM
maybe southside cand revive her or has he got a project at the mo?

Southside_ZS
22-03-09, 05:44 PM
maybe southside cand revive her or has he got a project at the mo?

Yea to many.lol Currently got my Mk2 ZR daily driver, my Rover 400 Tourer Turbo project car, then im repairing another MK2 ZR Cat D salvage, a MK2 ZS with 180 kit Cat C salvage and a Rover 25 Commerce van Cat D salvage. Im all out of room at the min :(

Jay-ZS+
22-03-09, 06:33 PM
dont suppose your bro would nick the covers off the back of the drivers headlight before he lets the insurance company have will paypal some cash for them.

markyzs180
22-03-09, 07:33 PM
Shocking news, glad he's okay but gutted for your brother......................or is he? ;)

Absolute shitter, mind you least it maybe help your bro get his 180 sooner, and i agree with southside, think it will be sold as damage repairable:)

You're both right in a way, he's gutted at whats happened to it but then again if he gets a decent offer from the insurance he'll get a 180 sooner!

We are thinking about asking for a buyback on it between us and either repairing it or breaking it, my bruv is a panel beater/sprayer by trade (although he hasn't been in the trade for a few years) and to be honest I think it's too good to let go but at the end of the day he needs a daily driver and he says he can't be arzed to do it, but I'll talk him round ;)

dont suppose your bro would nick the covers off the back of the drivers headlight before he lets the insurance company have will paypal some cash for them.

Soz James, if you'd have asked earlier I was helping him rip his sound sytem out and swapping my old tech grey dash over and I'd have pulled it off for ya!
Can't get hold of him at the mo and the car's being picked up at 9am in the morning :(

Jay-ZS+
22-03-09, 07:34 PM
Oh well if you dont have any luck no worries mate thanks for trying

markyzs180
22-03-09, 07:36 PM
Oh well if you dont have any luck no worries mate thanks for trying

I've dropped him a text bud, if he can snatch it before he goes to work.....

Jay-ZS+
22-03-09, 07:38 PM
cheers bud:thumbsup:

stevelou5
22-03-09, 07:38 PM
No way!!! thats bad news mate to see the car like that. do you think it will not be able to get fixed??

markyzs180
22-03-09, 07:41 PM
No way!!! thats bad news mate to see the car like that. do you think it will not be able to get fixed??

Can't see it steve, parts alone will be silly without the jigwork and paint :(

carmadbaker
23-03-09, 06:07 AM
take the dozy tart to court for every penny she has, that really rips my knitting that these idiots are on the road

well said! i second that!!:boxing::spank:

Steves Cleenz
23-03-09, 07:35 AM
Tell him to keep it and get it back on the road, thats not as bad as mine as it hasnt done the rear quarters, so a little pull on the rear panel and that will be fine as for the front it may need a new front panel looking at the grill and the bumper could be plastic welded, tell him to keep it or buy it back and sell it for bits as i know he will make a profit from what you can buy them back for

arwilson80
23-03-09, 08:43 AM
...and if he breaks it then he'll be helping fellow ZS owners keep theirs on the road. ;)

Would be better to fix it though.

afcbadam
23-03-09, 04:27 PM
what a waste of a lovley car. i know what i would have done with the phone she was on!

markyzs180
01-04-09, 09:10 PM
Well its been written off as expected :(

He's agreed quite a good price with them for it really, he did ask about buy back but they wanted £1400 for it which he decided wasn't going to be worthwhile at the end of the day. I believe it will be going to a salvage yard in Bristol, if anyone is interested in it I can try and get the full address for you.

So he's on the lookout for a mk2 180 now....or an ST170, Mini Cooper etc etc