PDA

View Full Version : Breakdown Cover

skyblueads
22-03-09, 11:49 AM
I'm looking to get some ahead of going on holiday up to Scotland, just incase. Anyone got any recommendations?

Supercharged_Z
22-03-09, 12:05 PM
AA seams ok, im sure there all as bad as each other, make sure you get relay as well.

i get mine with my bank, but i think its about 80 quid a year

Stuart
22-03-09, 12:14 PM
I go with the AA mate, used to be in the RAC but they got to used to using a local garage round my way who once came out to me in a flatbed with no tools, a torch that barely worked and didnt even have any water!!! and i pay for a fully trained rac guy in a well stocked van??

Never had a problem with the AA and i think they only use other people for recovery and not for sending out to breakdowns before an AA guy has been!

Jay-ZS+
22-03-09, 12:55 PM
A rain coat and aa cover i was covered by my lloydes current account

stamford
22-03-09, 06:26 PM
Been with a few over the years due to deals etc, now back with the AA and have family membership and they have been faultless for my girls and wife, never needed it for the zed ;)

stevelou5
22-03-09, 06:29 PM
i'm through tesco, think they just call the nearest recovery people at the time when you call. fingers crossed I never find out!!!!

KevG
22-03-09, 06:40 PM
Apart from the AA and RAC, all the others insurance companys/banks/etc use Greenflag.

Z Scotland
22-03-09, 06:47 PM
I go with the AA mate, used to be in the RAC but they got to used to using a local garage round my way who once came out to me in a flatbed with no tools, a torch that barely worked and didnt even have any water!!! and i pay for a fully trained rac guy in a well stocked van??

Never had a problem with the AA and i think they only use other people for recovery and not for sending out to breakdowns before an AA guy has been!

And i can second that.:smile1:

skyblueads
22-03-09, 08:49 PM
What level of cover have you guys bought though? I didn't realise it was so pricey for some of it.