PDA

View Full Version : MG ZS Handling

ZS B19LYB
15-08-07, 11:10 PM
This has probably already come up but i have had my zs for like 2 days and i had a 200 bubble before and i have got to say the handling on it is superb. ive driven a few other cars but nothing has felt like it does when am behind the wheel of my zs. what do you guys think???:bounce:

mrt_04
15-08-07, 11:13 PM
Sticks to the road like glue. Mind you after driving my Suzuki SJ for an hour, I will never slag the ZS for handling!!!. But, yeah great car to drive. I am driving Surrey to North Yorks later today & still after 5 years of ZS's love driving it

ZS B19LYB
15-08-07, 11:16 PM
thats what i want to do man, want to take it for a long drive and not stop. have fun geez

shroonie29
15-08-07, 11:16 PM
Simply amazing.Especialy when you think how the ZS machine was on such a tight buget.
Gotta love the MGR guys'.Realy pulled one out of the hat ;)

Shroon

arwilson80
15-08-07, 11:17 PM
For the first while after i bought the car i was disappointed with it compared to the ZR, but now that i've had it a while and got used to it i'd say it was better.

ZS B19LYB
15-08-07, 11:19 PM
yea just shows that any thing can be achived once you put your mind to it. just like on a tight budget they created something so good

sduk
16-08-07, 04:04 AM
yeah i love mine! although my latest addition of a full set of fullrun tyres doesnt help much, but in the dry its really good :)

Mat C
16-08-07, 09:04 AM
When Tiff Needell test drove the ZS180 he proclaimed it as the best handling front wheel drive car he had ever driven. Says it all really ! :-D

stamford
16-08-07, 10:14 AM
Bang on there^^^^

Ever taken one around the track? The first time I tried one in anger was at Brands Hatch and was impressed. Soon after I bought one and have done track days, awesome handling even when standard!

Mat C
16-08-07, 11:06 AM
I took my MK1 out several times around Britains most difficult circuit - Cadwell Park and it was incredible, far more reasuring and sure footed than my old ZR160. I'm yet to track the MK2 though.

niknog
16-08-07, 11:13 AM
I have only had my ZS for a few months but cannot fault the handling one bit! I am now thinking of getting the wife a ZR instead of her Pug, I like them so much.

Leasky
16-08-07, 11:34 AM
only other car to compare the ZS180 to in terms of handling would be honda's intergra's DC2 and DC5 only cars i have driven FWD that compare to the zs

henocsr
16-08-07, 04:41 PM
the zs is one for the best handling cars, i think you would be hard pressed to find another 4 door saloon or even 5 door hatch that can courner better. The fact that the zs does it all without any driver aids is awesome really.

but then the design was born from a rover 400 hillclimb car

henocsr
16-08-07, 04:41 PM
so i am lead to believe anyway

Z Scotland
16-08-07, 07:53 PM
:mml::mml::mml::mml::mml::mml::mml::mml::mml::mml: :mml::mml::mml::mml::mml::mml::mml::mml:..THINK THAT SAYS IT ALL

Craig
16-08-07, 07:56 PM
i thought my zr when it had the uprated springs handled well, pffft after driving the zs on some nice and twisty roads with some interesting camber it makes the zr look like a tank

lukiep160
16-08-07, 08:05 PM
Rover made the best job they could of done with the money they had, i've been lucky enough to test drive the whole range, very often back to back tests 25 v ZR and so on. They are all good handling cars but the best i think is the ZT a saloon should handle like it does.
The very early cars were a lot stiffer sprung and soon of the later cars, like my ZR hasn't got the polyflex suspension bushes like the early ones had (which i'm greatfully for, they hurt my back)
All i will say is a big WELL DONE to MGRover and and all the designers and engineers that created them :bt

And the ZT 260 V8 is great fun and rapid