PDA

View Full Version : Help, I'm going nuts-cig lighter wiring has vanished!

skyblueads
27-03-09, 10:00 AM
I broke my old fag lighter so I took the console out and pushed the wires back out of the way, got my new lighter from Jay and fitted it but now the wires seem to have vanished! I'm going nuts out there, I just can't find the bleeping wires! What colour are they and where can I find them? Help! This is driving me mental, I feel as thick as pig poop at the moment! :jump:

skyblueads
27-03-09, 12:28 PM
Right, managed to dig the wires out, but I think I there might be two different kinds of lighter as I have 3 wires to go to the lighter, but only two points to connect to. I tested it with two connected and it heated the lighter, but the adapter for my satnav and 'phone don't work. Any suggestions or advice? I don't know if it's a connected problem but I have no illumination on the clock, either. I've left it disconnected for now.

arwilson80
27-03-09, 01:00 PM
Where have you them connected to on the lighter. IIRC theres one connects onto the centre of the base of the lighter (where the springy piece of the phone / iPod charger would touch), 1 to the side of the plug & 1 to the outer part of the base.

skyblueads
27-03-09, 01:21 PM
Ah right, the ligther I have only seems to have two connections. I'll take another look at it tomorrow.