PDA

View Full Version : Idiot on the A27 caused damage to my baby :(

starfire039
28-03-09, 01:44 PM
Was on the way to winchester from chichester and on the A27 by the junction to go to southsea some git with a rusty piece of **** mobile home on the back was going slow, went to overtake and as i was in the middle of overtaking a piece of rusted metal came flying off the shitpiece and donked my car!

LUCKILY for me it ONLY hit the splitter!!!!!!!! so gonna search the bay for a new one. So lucky it didn't get the bumper/ bonnet/ wing!

Could have been a hell of a lot worse but thats money on a splitter i dont need to spend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! attached is a piccy!

talkingcars
28-03-09, 01:50 PM
Don't supose you or they stopped as that is classed as an accident.
I don't supose you got the reg either. If you have I would report them.

starfire039
28-03-09, 01:52 PM
i know i should have taken the reg, i had over taken them and couldnt get it out my mirror, and i was trying to slow down so they'd over take me but they wouldn't, then they turned off down portsmouth. just one of those things! can't find a splitter on ebay, will have to find a scrapped Zed and pinch it off that!

RudeDogg1
28-03-09, 02:16 PM
have u looked on rimmers they have 93% off on some mg body parts

starfire039
28-03-09, 02:24 PM
looking now, thanks!

Murray203ps
28-03-09, 06:55 PM
Gits!!!!!!!:spank:

Jay-ZS+
28-03-09, 07:00 PM
Is that all the damage that was done may be easier to have it repaired might be worth getting a quote as the splitters are like hens teeth

starfire039
28-03-09, 07:54 PM
doubt it will be cheaper cause it looks worse than the pic the metal went right through the splitter ... seen a few zeds on the bay for breaking, might be lucky.

stamford
28-03-09, 10:14 PM
Bad luck Steve, could have been worse mind.

dave87
29-03-09, 03:29 AM
i overtook a dumper lorry thing last summer and a boulder fell off and hit my lower grill, went through the grill missed my radiator and bounced around down under the length of the car and out the other side.

Messed up the exhuast a bit and obviously ruined the lower grill but other than that it was a lucky one. I didn't realise what had happened til it was over though.

arwilson80
29-03-09, 02:33 PM
doubt it will be cheaper cause it looks worse than the pic the metal went right through the splitter ... seen a few zeds on the bay for breaking, might be lucky.

Yeah... pics looks like it's barely damaged at all. I was gonna say that it didn't look too bad and could be repaired.

starfire039
29-03-09, 03:51 PM
maybe I could put a couple of domed stickers on either side of the splitter. Job done :beer: