PDA

View Full Version : Some people really have no backbone at all

Phate
30-03-09, 03:05 AM
Gotta laugh at some people...

Basically, I went on a motors meet on Saturday and had a really good day out, took a few people out in my car etc...

And there were some 'spirited' driving moments, as you do on a motors meet where it specifically says "race from here to here" (odd that)

so what do some people do....go home, to their computers, log on to IRC (chat channels to anyone who doesn't know) and bitch about how much of a spanner I am and the way I drive.

Oddly enough the people slating me, have A) never been in my car or B) never seen me drive :laugh:

Gotta love it, won't say a word to my face, or on the forum where I browse, but they do on IRC because I don't go on there.

I'm tempted to login just so they don't bitch about me :D

Where have the days gone where people had a backbone?

carmadbaker
30-03-09, 07:23 AM
since the day of keyboards and mice the need for a backbone is no longer. Let them be childish, you know its probably bollucks anyway!

stamford
30-03-09, 07:31 AM
Unfortunately this will always happen as most folk can't do confrontational. I'm the opposite at times and it can get you into trouble! A bit like the M3 driver at the track, I had a right go at him and he offered me out! I told him to grow up! No keyboard and CAPS LOCK there! :laugh:

It is surprising how many people can hide behind a keyboard but face to face it just doesn't happen. I have offered to meet people face to face to sort out any issues, funny how it soon goes quiet.

Give it a couple of days and it'll be all forgotten.

arwilson80
30-03-09, 08:40 AM
Did you show them up...? :)

peterzs
30-03-09, 10:06 AM
I reckon they were jealous of the AWWWASOMMME exhaust. You must have scared them to death just driving up.:clap2::clap2:

Phate
30-03-09, 01:24 PM
Did you show them up...? :)

Yes.

A Mondeo ST220 (new shape) currently running 250bhp could not keep up with me in the twisties, and he knows the road, I don't.

I also gave a few BMW 530's and 330's a serious run for their money....with the current power of the car they are now onyl about half a second quicker than 60 to me and I'm equally as fast or faster in the corners.

For the most part it was a very enjoyable day, its sad really they all go home to their computers and go "hes a tard" and none of them have the balls to say it to my face :)

arwilson80
30-03-09, 02:29 PM
:) I did the same with a Skyline around twisties in a little 214. He got to a straight and floored it... obviously i couldn't keep up then.