PDA

View Full Version : Please Sponsor Me !!!!!

Mat C
16-08-07, 05:29 PM
As you may or may not know, a group of us are doing a 24 hour Go kart race on the 25th / 26th of August at the Teesside karting circuit. Although it's not mandatory i have decided that i want to do this for charity and so has my mate Tony who is on the team.

We have decided to do it for St Andrews Hospice in Grimsby. This is a fantastic charity that offers a superb level of care and expertise for cancer patients.

Taken from the hospices press leaflet :

St Andrews Hospice provides care for people of all ages living throughout Lincolnshire , Hull & East Riding. All the patients cared for have a life limiting illness, and care and support is provided not only to the patient but also to those who normally look after them. The aim of the hospice is to ensure that patients fulfil their potential and live their lives to the full, having the opportunity to enjoy quality time with dignity and as much independence as is possible.

The care at St Andrews Hospice is open to all who need it, regardless of race, creed, or ability to pay. No charge is made for any care. However, the hospice depends on donations for the major part of its running costs and without the support and generosity of the local community it could not provide this service.

The hospices website is www.standrewshospice.com

Reg. Charity No. 1011117

If you would like to donate, please list your names here and the amount you would like to pledge.Then send me a PM with your address and contact details for when the time comes for payment collection. Remember, this isn't per lap - it's for a 24 hour race ! Tony and I are already in training for this, getting ourselves fit and getting some laps in at our local circuit !

All donations no matter how big or small will be greatly appreciated but PLEASE - only pledge an amount if you actualy intend to pay !

Our thanks in advance !

Mat C
17-08-07, 12:16 PM
14 views so far but no one willing to part with some money to support this excellent and worthy charity ?! Come on now folks, show your charitable and generous natures ! Every donation will make a difference to someones life so please, start adding your names and donation amounts below ! Thanks ! :)

chriszs180
17-08-07, 02:53 PM
Put Me Down For A £5 Mate
Good Luck And Enjoy I've Done A Couple Of Hours A Few Times And Its Knackering..

Mat C
17-08-07, 05:22 PM
Thank you Chris, much appreciated !