PDA

View Full Version : racing other MG's

starfire039
30-03-09, 09:20 PM
I've had a good past 7 days with seeing other ZS's, saw a chap in a 180 hatch at sainsburys roundabout on the a27 in chichester, ragged it along the A27 (and lost, damn 120!) and had a text later from a mate saying i saw you racing earlier haha. raced an old man in a 120 saloon and won :thumbsup: and saw the same guy in the 180 hatch i think in bognor, and had a quick blast along the tescos road! dead funny!

anybody else had some epic races with other ZS's? Whenever I see another ZS I just have to race, even if they have a 180!

EDIT: I didn't break any speed limits

afcbadam
30-03-09, 09:29 PM
tbh thats not the best thing to write about on a public forum mate. i hardly see any zs's around where i am so cannot comment but often find some idiot in a corsa or saxo trying it on. my tactics are: foot down, little wave out the window and bye bye

stamford
30-03-09, 09:31 PM
As long as you didn't break the speed limit eh! ;)

The only time I 'race' other ZS's is when on track, never seen that many on the same piece of road tbh. Those I have passed on the motorway have generally stayed where they are.

Not an ideal thread to be starting either.

TjP
30-03-09, 09:44 PM
I never seem to get into any races any more - I think I drive too fast for anyone to catch me up and get one started! Last bit of action I had was over a month ago where a Corsa and a Pug 106 came speeding up behind me in a 30 zone... I kept to 30 until we came to the national limit sign and them embaressed the two of them by opening up a good 100m gap by the end of a 400m-ish straight (well, very very gradual bend). I wont mention what speed I was doing when I started braking, but I imagine it wasnt far off the Corsa's top end :laugh:. Then it was back into a 30 zone and they caught up again and turned off.

Havent ever raced another MG though... doesnt feel right tbh :hmmm:

arwilson80
30-03-09, 09:45 PM
...never seen that many on the same piece of road tbh. Those I have passed on the motorway have generally stayed where they are.

Not an ideal thread to be starting either.

Same here. Passed a 'Red Devil' tonight. Wonder if he'll sign up?

stamford
30-03-09, 09:47 PM
Havent ever raced another MG though... doesnt feel right tbh :hmmm:

That is correct, we wave and doff our cap :D

martyzs
30-03-09, 10:13 PM
I do have regular competitive spirited drives with a good friends 160 zr,(some in the locality may know who i mean) but im yet to have a match up with another 180.

It could be quite benificial though, i'd like to see if anything ive done to my zed has actually given me any advantage, or even see if theres any clear faults with mine.

Said 160 owner just fitted his emerald ecu to his zr,and after everything else hes done to it,theres nothing between them performance wise. lm sure the only thing holding him off in a straight line is the v6's torque!

need to spend more hard earned!

stamford
30-03-09, 10:16 PM
You need to part with some parts Marty ;) Then you might have some cash :D

afcbadam
30-03-09, 10:23 PM
oi.... im first in the line. ill have the scangague and pod. that will give you about 3 bhp!

lewerty
30-03-09, 10:28 PM
not anymore think ppl are getting used to how fast the zs are :(

stamford
31-03-09, 07:27 AM
If mine wasn't trophy blue I would fit Rover badges :evil:

dvid
31-03-09, 07:54 AM
I rarely see any other ZS

To be honest I get more enjoyment from deliberately holding up people that are right up my chuff trying to push me along the road.. Then when appropriate, leaving them for dust

Martin C
31-03-09, 08:14 AM
Now what you boys need is a day with MGs-on-Track, we don't do racing either of course, but you can drive your car as fast as you can without fear of speed cameras etc. The chance for you to test your MG and driving skills against other MGs on Britains premier race circuits.

Believe me, it doesn't matter whether it is 120 or 180 or how well sorted, against the Svr's, 260's and sorted B V8's it's move over and let me through :cry:

But whoever proves quickest, gets the kudos and imaginary trophy :hooray:

I'll keep posting our events as the bookings get released, perhaps we'll see some of you :D

stamford
31-03-09, 12:25 PM
:stupid: best place to rid yourself of those speed demons! Then you'll see how slow you really are!

arwilson80
31-03-09, 12:45 PM
...wonder when there's one in N.I. :whistle:

Bobdope2002
31-03-09, 01:54 PM
theyre is only one zs180 that i kno of round here and thats beenyboi's.

I just love having all the power theyre and not using it, you can trundle along on the motorway at 70mph and with a short blip on the throttle your touching 100mph and what ever is annoying you in the rear view mirror is gone lol

mainly a saab 95 aero lastnight :laugh:

Martin C
31-03-09, 07:55 PM
...wonder when there's one in N.I. :whistle:

Oh I wish I could persuade the committee........But alas I can't even get them to book Knockhill! !

mattie007
31-03-09, 11:19 PM
Or Rockingham! ;)

Martin C
01-04-09, 01:29 PM
Or Rockingham! ;)

I've never tried for there Matt, personally I think it is a God awful place to get to, but that is probably just me being a boring ol' fart.

When the programme for 2010 comes up in committee I will certainly ask the question for you.