PDA

View Full Version : Quaife coming soon :)

shroonie29
01-04-09, 09:35 PM
Rally Matt will soon have the errm pleasure of fitting one in mine :)
Will also be changing the final drive to 4.2 :)
Excited I am lol

Shroon

Boot Hill Bandit
01-04-09, 09:37 PM
Welcome to the club dude!!!! you won't be disappointed!

Jim

shroonie29
01-04-09, 09:44 PM
Welcome to the club dude!!!! you won't be disappointed!

Jim

How was it at first?Did it take some getting used to going beyond the end od previous grip?
The final drive change also has me excited lol,slightly shorter closer faster gears :)

Shroon

Dave ZS-X
01-04-09, 10:02 PM
i like how your tuning your car shroon, its becoming a bit of an animal on the quite isnt it.

shroonie29
01-04-09, 10:15 PM
i like how your tuning your car shroon, its becoming a bit of an animal on the quite isnt it.

That's the idea Dave.But i am thinking out of the box a little(in ZS forums,nowt new in what I am doing)No headline KV6 figures here,rather than pay £ for ponies I'm paying to get the ponies I have to the tarmac.
Different I guess,but I'm excited if nobody else is lol.
The fly I had designed has gone well with the PPL that have used it(still surprised more haven't though)

Shroon

shroonie29
01-04-09, 10:40 PM
The final drive will change all gearing,it will ruin a pod run lol(extra gear change,not bothered)but over all pace will be better
Just popped the gearing into the gearboxman calculator,it rounds the gearing off & relies on me putting them in after a few bevvies,but this is the result

4.2 final drive
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h128/shroonie29/ScreenHunter_01Apr021231.jpg
3.9 final drive
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h128/shroonie29/ScreenHunter_02Apr021231.jpg

Top speed should in theory stay the same,power v resistance.The difference will be the revs it is achieved at.(feel free to correct me Matt)

Shroon

stamford
02-04-09, 07:17 AM
Nice one Andy, I have a few mods I would like and they are ATB, 4 pots and coilovers but I cannot afford any of those at present so I have to make do with what I have got. I've run out of gold to 'weigh in' :laugh:

shroonie29
07-04-09, 09:07 PM
Managed to get a new ZS 120 box (£225,very reasonable compared to list price of FD)as a doner for the 4.2 & a few other useful internal parts.
Happy to report that Matt has received this & opened it & all was as stated

Shroon
_________

Boot Hill Bandit
12-04-09, 12:56 PM
The difference is very noticable!!! you will be pleased to have had it done I am sure ;)

Anyone wishing to have a go in my car which has the Quaiffe LSD fitted you are more then welcome ...........might help you make your minds up. Feel free to PM me for arranging a test drive if you are willing to travel before taking the plunge ;)

Jim

shroonie29
24-04-09, 03:48 PM
Well the 4.2 is a no go :(
Can't get it to fit the U spec box
Just the Quaife it is then lol

Shroon

stamford
24-04-09, 07:25 PM
At least it was tried.

shroonie29
24-04-09, 07:28 PM
At least it was tried.

Indeed Mick,was worth giving it a shot

shroon

shroonie29
03-05-09, 07:51 PM
Well,the diff is fitted.
My goodness,it's amazing lol
So much grip it's a totally different beast to drive now
If ya considering this...,do it now!
Turns great handling car into an absolutely amazing handling car :smile2::smile2:

Shroon

Dave MGT
03-05-09, 08:01 PM
Good aint it :weakbench:
Nice one Shroonie

stamford
03-05-09, 10:03 PM
I'm down to my last few mods on the wish list, this being one, 4 pots and coilovers will do me fine but all are pricey! Work in progress it shall be. I'll need to be getting some private work sorted ;)