PDA

View Full Version : should i use an engine flush

drroberts490
03-04-09, 05:47 PM
doing an oil change tommorow, just wondered if this is advisable and if so what to use,

cheers

XPCobra
03-04-09, 06:07 PM
unless the oil is terrible, no, improper use of engine flushes can result in engien damage too.

Just warm the car up well ( leave runing for 10-15 min) turn engine off, remove oil cap, and drain oil and remove oil filter.

KevG
03-04-09, 06:19 PM
unless the oil is terrible, no, improper use of engine flushes can result in engien damage too.

Just warm the car up well ( leave runing for 10-15 min) turn engine off, remove oil cap, and drain oil and remove oil filter.

Seconded what XPCobra says!

afcbadam
03-04-09, 06:56 PM
i personally would never flush the engine . i dont beleive in putting in a chemical that isnt natural in an engine

starfire039
03-04-09, 07:20 PM
I wouldn't, in old engines it used to work wonders getting rid of deposits of coke but in a modern engine it just doesn't work. if you are that bothered about it use shell v power or bp ultimate petrol as they contain the same sort of additives as engine flush, just in a lower dose

afcbadam
03-04-09, 07:29 PM
i would run it on a higher grade oil for 500 miles then drain it out, that usually gets some out