PDA

View Full Version : Can you tell i was bored????

sussex_zr
06-04-09, 03:46 PM
A lovely sunny day, no work, nothing to do............so i painted my engine cover, fuse box and battery shield, i think it worked quite well.:-D
( double click they will enlarge) sorry about the quality, taken on my iphone.

stamford
06-04-09, 03:55 PM
Nice and clean...............now you'll need an alloy oil filler cap!

sussex_zr
06-04-09, 03:58 PM
i think your right, but all funds are going to my de-cat the end of the month, need to get it done quick before the mrs changes her mind.

stamford
06-04-09, 03:59 PM
Too right, get it in writing! :laugh:

drroberts490
06-04-09, 07:36 PM
looks good mate, been thinking of doing mine but just trying to get rid of the rattle first!

afcbadam
06-04-09, 07:47 PM
looks good mate. had mine in silver but it bubbled up. want it done again but this time properly!

Murray203ps
06-04-09, 07:49 PM
looks good mate, been thinking of doing mine but just trying to get rid of the rattle first!

Are you down at lulworth at the moment dude. I can have a look at your plenum if you want. Or you can pop down on one evening if you like.:D

drroberts490
06-04-09, 08:03 PM
i'm finished at lulworth now but i may take you up on the offer, i'm on leave at the moment and the rattling has got me worried. was thinking of popping the inlet manifold off myself as it dosen't look too difficult but i'm not sure i'd know what i am looking for, plus i take it would need new gasket and seals before refitting?

Murray203ps
06-04-09, 08:32 PM
i'm finished at lulworth now but i may take you up on the offer, i'm on leave at the moment and the rattling has got me worried. was thinking of popping the inlet manifold off myself as it dosen't look too difficult but i'm not sure i'd know what i am looking for, plus i take it would need new gasket and seals before refitting?

You could get new seals if you wanted but tbh you don't need em. I've had mine of and on numerous times and it's been fine. Taking of the plenum is not going to aid you in determining whether the plenum is knackered. You'll just shake it and it will rattle if it sounds that bad. You need someone who's heard the problem before to give you an idea how bad it is. I can also take the vis valves apart to see if they are buggered as well.

stamford
06-04-09, 09:53 PM
By removing the plenum you can test each butterfly valve is working or not, however by removing the power valve and checking the actuator arm for excessive movement will be a sure sign.

Murray203ps
07-04-09, 05:49 PM
By removing the plenum you can test each butterfly valve is working or not, however by removing the power valve and checking the actuator arm for excessive movement will be a sure sign.

Yeah reckon i could hear how bad it is by just listening. My car has gone through nearly every stage of inlet failure.lol.:w00t:

stamford
07-04-09, 06:15 PM
Do you know I ran mine for months with a goosed plenum and when I took it apart I soon realised I had been driving it with the actuator arm not connected to one single butterfly and did a trackday like it!