PDA

View Full Version : The driving seat

stamford
07-04-09, 10:21 AM
Finally got around to getting a piccy of the bosses chair :D

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l259/stamfordzs180/MG%20ZS180/seatharness.jpg

Got the harness mounted in such a fashion that I can still use the inertia belt if carrying 5 up. The Sabelt harness has a quick release rear buckle so no need to rummage under the seat to unclip the anchor.

It's been some years since I last used a harness in a road car, it's surprising how good it makes you feel being strapped in nice and tight. I still would like a matching set for the passenger side for passenger rides, alas the wiffy won't be having none of it! :laugh: Can't see what the problem is :whistle:

arwilson80
07-04-09, 10:27 AM
Looks good... No more 'body roll' in there. :)

stamford
07-04-09, 10:27 AM
:laugh: body roll, you should see me eloquently getting in and out!

shroonie29
07-04-09, 10:33 AM
Looks excellent Mick

:laugh: body roll, you should see me eloquently getting in and out!

There is an art to it lol

Shroon

stamford
07-04-09, 10:39 AM
Looks excellent Mick

There is an art to it lol

Shroon

So true Andy! The last time I was active competitively was approximately 15 years ago and somewhat slimmer and younger so it was therefore easier to execute! I do sometimes wonder 'what am I doing!'

stevelou5
07-04-09, 10:44 AM
Looks nice mate, so thinking of getting a pair for mine....

Martin C
07-04-09, 10:50 AM
I do sometimes wonder 'what am I doing!'

I think it is called..............Growing old disgracefully ! :whistle:

Like the way the belts match the trophy blue :smart:

I have Sparco ones which have quick release on all three mounting points, a seat belt type release for the shoulder single strap just behind headrest and two D clips for the lap belts. Means I can have the 3-points for track days and then all the standard belts for normal day to day use.

stamford
07-04-09, 10:55 AM
I think it is called..............Growing old disgracefully ! :whistle:

Like the way the belts match the trophy blue :smart:

I have Sparco ones which have quick release on all three mounting points, a seat belt type release for the shoulder single strap just behind headrest and two D clips for the lap belts. Means I can have the 3-points for track days and then all the standard belts for normal day to day use.

Disgracefully :D :yes:

I wanted blue.............it seemed the right thing to do!

I'm still acting like a kid with a new toy, soon be thinking of going back to inertia......................perhaps!

arwilson80
07-04-09, 11:50 AM
Wouldn't the 3 / 5 points be safer even 'road going'?

vinny1979
07-04-09, 11:57 AM
can you explainj to me the quick release bit? im interested but do sometimes need the extra seats? a pic would be cool?!

stamford
07-04-09, 02:29 PM
Wouldn't the 3 / 5 points be safer even 'road going'?

Yes indeed, I feel safer with them fitted. You get well and truly hugged into the seat.

stamford
07-04-09, 02:32 PM
can you explainj to me the quick release bit? im interested but do sometimes need the extra seats? a pic would be cool?!

Just for you............
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l259/stamfordzs180/MG%20ZS180/Rearharnessview.jpg

vinny1979
07-04-09, 02:42 PM
ahhhhhhh. nice one.

arwilson80
07-04-09, 03:38 PM
ahhhhhhh. nice one.

+1 :thumbsup:

grimmy
07-04-09, 04:19 PM
Looks quality that nice job

ian zs180
07-04-09, 06:04 PM
Looks great mick will look ace if you get the passenger one ...well you ready for liverpool showing you how its done tomorrow :tease:

stamford
07-04-09, 06:06 PM
Looks great mick will look ace if you get the passenger one ...well you ready for liverpool showing you how its done tomorrow :tease:

:hmmm: feelings of deja vu again!

Dave MGT
07-04-09, 07:39 PM
Very nice !!!!!
Really adds to the drive dosnt it. Makes you want to corner much harder when your well strapped in.

My new seats turn up tommorow......
Cannot wait to try them out!

stamford
07-04-09, 07:46 PM
Tis true Dave, there are corners I take quicker now purely because I feel more confident with the driving position and no moving around the seat as before. Quality tyres and the seat/harness combination make for more entertaining driving and breeds confidence. Just wish I had coilovers now!

afcbadam
07-04-09, 07:55 PM
cant you tempt the missus in to having one on her side. looks a little odd just having 1

stamford
07-04-09, 08:01 PM
No chance Adam, tried that already as there was an identical one on ebay a few weeks back and she said don't bother! I'll wear her down ;)

afcbadam
07-04-09, 08:53 PM
UNDER THE THUMB!!!

you should have brought it mick. she would have no choice then.

stamford
08-04-09, 08:12 AM
UNDER THE THUMB!!!

you should have brought it mick. she would have no choice then.

:laugh: hardly! Anyway, having two buckets makes it awkward in poorly lit carparks ;)

arwilson80
08-04-09, 08:56 AM
:laugh: hardly! Anyway, having two buckets makes it awkward in poorly lit carparks ;)

aren't you too old for that caper...?

stamford
08-04-09, 09:41 AM
aren't you too old for that caper...?

:laugh:....................nope! :D

arwilson80
08-04-09, 10:54 AM
you already know about this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7987061.stm) then... :laugh: :fishing: :joker:

stamford
08-04-09, 12:44 PM
you already know about this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7987061.stm) then... :laugh: :fishing: :joker:

:laugh:.............no actually...............so how come you do? :wave:

Maxfly
08-04-09, 01:56 PM

ach away, you will just have to make up your own carmasutra that can fit in round the seats:D

starfire039
08-04-09, 04:51 PM
Just for you............
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l259/stamfordzs180/MG%20ZS180/Rearharnessview.jpg

please could you give us a piccy/explain where that bolts onto? Shouldn't be tooooo long before I can do mine!

stamford
08-04-09, 07:42 PM
It bolts to the same point as the female seatbelt clasps, just a little mod required to ensure the anchor plate sits flat. I won't be getting a photo as I have had enough buggering around getting the lower seat back in around the belts!

starfire039
08-04-09, 08:28 PM
I know where you mean :)

I will have to settle for inertia for now until i can save up for harnesses. infact I need to save up for the damn seats first!!

afcbadam
08-04-09, 09:12 PM
is that thick padding mick, it look like it is. my mate has thin padding seats and they are horrible to sit on. rock hard. its like you are sitting on plastic.

stamford
08-04-09, 09:19 PM
Yes, reasonably thick, couldn't be in them for long if they were thinner. Took a little while to adjust to it as it has been some years since I have used them.

As my girls get older the odds of the rear seats coming out are looking good! :D

afcbadam
08-04-09, 09:21 PM
and a second bucket seat??? ill give it a month!

shroonie29
08-04-09, 09:27 PM
If they are owt like the Corbeau,the base padding is around an inch thick.
long journeys do leave you a little sore though lol

Shroon

arwilson80
08-04-09, 09:34 PM
Long journeys leave me sore anyway... But then again i'm not as best padded as some people. :)

stamford
08-04-09, 09:39 PM
If they are owt like the Corbeau,the base padding is around an inch thick.
long journeys do leave you a little sore though lol

Shroon

My daily commute each way is an hour min to around 1 hr 15 max on average, no aches the other end, if anything I find these more comfortable than the standard seats.

shroonie29
08-04-09, 09:42 PM
My daily commute each way is an hour min to around 1 hr 15 max on average, no aches the other end, if anything I find these more comfortable than the standard seats.

Me too.Mondays & Fridays it's around an hour.No issues then.
when I go to Sheffield from Liverpool I do get some arse ache though.
Maybe it's my excited driving on the snake pass lol

Shroon

stamford
08-04-09, 10:06 PM
I've had a bad back this week and it's the only time it doesn't ache when I'm in that seat. I was somewhat surprised.

Boot Hill Bandit
12-04-09, 01:37 PM
Stamford...........any chance of providing details of the seat, harness and where you got them from? Need to do this ASAP really.......

Have you disabled the airbag then? Just thinking if that goes off on a head on and you aren't moving it will do more harm than good surely??

Thanks bud and I can't wait to come see you soon! :thumbsup:

Jim

stamford
12-04-09, 06:08 PM
I got the seat off ebay, pays to keep an eye on there as you can find some great bargins. Thorax airbag was bypassed using a resistor as posted by shroonie to eliminate the SRS warning light, drivers left as is.........until I buy a new steering wheel (got my eye on a nice blue one ;))

Harness was purchased from these guys: https://www.europaspares.com/HARNESSES/