PDA

View Full Version : Tyre pressures

Yampiedog
07-04-09, 09:02 PM
What tyre pressure should be on a Mark 2 180?

shroonie29
07-04-09, 09:03 PM
33 in the front
30 in the rear

Shroon

afcbadam
07-04-09, 09:10 PM
33 in the front
30 in the rear

Shroon

thats correct. usually run all 4 of mine at 32

R8NMG
07-04-09, 09:39 PM
33 in the front
30 in the rear

That's what I use as quoted in the manual.

shroonie29
07-04-09, 10:04 PM
That's what I use as quoted in the manual.

Me too.tried a few differing points of view from various places,but the OE pressure work well for me.
I might add I do them when the tyres are up to temp

Shroon

ian zs180
07-04-09, 10:57 PM
Depend what tyres your running i,m on vederstiens at the moment and they recomend 41psi i found this to be to light on the steering found 38psi to be just right . When i went for oe pressures it just didnt handle atall well in the bends suppose though if you are running contis then the oe recomendation will be right for them tyres

stamford
08-04-09, 08:11 AM
Depend what tyres your running i,m on vederstiens at the moment and they recomend 41psi i found this to be to light on the steering found 38psi to be just right . When i went for oe pressures it just didnt handle atall well in the bends suppose though if you are running contis then the oe recomendation will be right for them tyres

What! 41 and 38! surely not. That is excessive, not only will it wear the centre section but your grip levels will be somewhat compromised. Those pressures are what we used to use on trackdays back in the 80's before tyre technology improved.

Yampiedog
08-04-09, 04:23 PM
I know it's 33 front and 30 rear for the on my Mark 1 so that's what I went for on the tyre pressures for the Mark 2 alloys. Just wondered if it differed seeing as the wheels are slightly wider. However the front feels a little light?

starfire039
08-04-09, 04:39 PM

that's too high my friend.

Jay-ZS+
08-04-09, 05:56 PM
surly does it not depend on the tyres as im using 205/40/17 " toyo p4 on my 120 and at 30 they look low on air? Seems to handle nicly though

Maxxed_Ross
08-04-09, 06:33 PM
I tend to put the fronts up to 35 in the summer to help get even wear. I found running at 32 over the summer months wore the edges too quickly

ian zs180
08-04-09, 10:28 PM
that's too high my friend.
Go on verderstiens site thats what they say and a few people over on xpf run around the 38psi mark with there veds on

ian zs180
08-04-09, 10:34 PM
What! 41 and 38! surely not. That is excessive, not only will it wear the centre section but your grip levels will be somewhat compromised. Those pressures are what we used to use on trackdays back in the 80's before tyre technology improved. No mick i,m not running 41 i,m running 38 all round if you look on veds website they recomend 41 psi but i found that a little to much the steering was very light at 38 it feels wright and handles fine, At 33 it felt like the tyres were giving on the walls when cornering quick my contis were fine on cornering at 33 psi but my veds just felt rubbish at that pressure

shroonie29
08-04-09, 10:35 PM
Go on verderstiens site thats what they say and a few people over on xpf run around the 38psi mark with there veds on

To be fair,Vredstein do state different pressures for different manufacturers(so Ian is doing the correct thing IMO)
A rule of thumb I once read was max pressure of tyre minus 10%
No good for me,but hey give it a try you may like it lol
If you haven't been to http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html it is a good read.
Infact read all the car bibles this chap has written,informative & worth the time

Shroon

stamford
08-04-09, 10:39 PM
No mick i,m not running 41 i,m running 38 all round if you look on veds website they recomend 41 psi but i found that a little to much the steering was very light at 38 it feels wright and handles fine, At 33 it felt like the tyres were giving on the walls when cornering quick my contis were fine on cornering at 33 psi but my veds just felt rubbish at that pressure

Even at 38 seems high, still got your teeth? lol! I've pumped up my Toyo's a little more this time and get a better feel, but they are around the 33/34 mark.

shroonie29
08-04-09, 10:42 PM
Even at 38 seems high, still got your teeth? lol! I've pumped up my Toyo's a little more this time and get a better feel, but they are around the 33/34 mark.

I have a feeling the Vreds work differently.I know paul on XPF loves them & he uses similar pressures to Ian.
If I put that pressure in my Avons I would feel like Bamby on ice lol

Shroon

stamford
08-04-09, 10:46 PM
Strange hearing certain makes behave so differently, I'm like you if I try those pressures it'll be like driving on crossplies!