PDA

View Full Version : Arnold clark?

weagie
17-04-09, 04:24 PM
Got a call from uncle arnold recently saying i have a free service to use so i've booked her in for the morning. Any one had any problems with them as i've heard the old stories of filters not being changed and folk marking things with paint to see if the jobs been carried out? Think i'm probably paranoid but will be watching them like a hawk.

Maxfly
17-04-09, 04:56 PM
use the free service but like you said keep a beady eye on em!! had them trying to tell me that my rear shoes needed changed when i only changed them about 3 months before. receptionist said ' i saw them myself, they were down to the rivets' told her to go look again an eventually came back with a red face!! :D

KevG
17-04-09, 06:04 PM
I wouldnt even bother taking it to AC, they dont do what they say they will do!

weagie
19-04-09, 09:33 PM
All done, and as soon as i had the keys i popped the bonnet and checked everything in their car park. Was getting some dodgey looks off the mechanics but stuff em.

starfire039
20-04-09, 01:37 PM
my car has "arnold clark" underneath the numberplate and loads of components have paint markings on them, disc bolts, abs unit, suspension, coolant pipes, bit odd. it got it's first service from arnold clark- hopefully they did eveyrthing :(