PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice on an MG ZT

Sirrel Squirrel
20-04-09, 07:39 PM
Hi there,

A friend recommended me to these forums and said you're the guys to talk to!

I'm looking at buying an MG ZT+ 190, I've seen one for £3,300, 53 plate, 64k miles, silver with full black leather interior, it looks very nice from the pics and will probably arrange a viewing tomorrow.

What sort of things should I be looking at with these cars, I know the cambelt needs changing at 90k or 6 years so this one will be due for one. Any other things to be wary of?

Many thanks.

afcbadam
20-04-09, 07:42 PM
your best bet is to try www.the75andztownersclub.co.uk i used to be a zt owner, they are a very good bunch over there. helped me ut alot

Maxfly
20-04-09, 07:42 PM
Check the inlet plenum when car is runnning, if it's rattling like a bag of spanners it could be fooked, also the VIS motors which are attached to the plenum could be goosed check them too.Do a search for vis and plenums and you will get some results:)

Southside_ZS
20-04-09, 09:25 PM
I used to own a ZT, mine was the 1.8 though on a 53 plate. In my opinion the build quality was fantastic, on par with some more expensive executive cars. Deffinatly worth the money considering how cheap you can pick them up for now.

wilko66
20-04-09, 10:48 PM
look out for the thermostat housing showing signs of leaking. you need to take the engine cover off and look in the v, any signs stains or even dampness in the v could be a leak. its not a too bad job but can be expensive to replace. and make sure the drain tubes have been kept clear under the windscreen. a blocked drain can result in ECU damage, as it is in the area under the windscreen

Phate
21-04-09, 12:23 AM
Hey dude :)

See, I'm promoting you guys all the time :p

Sirrel Squirrel
21-04-09, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the advice, I'll have a look on the 75 and ZT site too.