PDA

View Full Version : I love my ZS

starfire039
21-04-09, 08:46 PM
Sorry for crappy pics blackberry camera sucks.

Well basically the story-

i finished sixth form in july and all through the last year of sixth form i was thinking i really want a better nicer faster car than my 1.4 s maxim mark 1 clio.

i was going to get into debt and buy a mark 7 celica, but i was adament i wanted the VVC and couldn't afford the insurance, so out goes that idea. I then tried my like with a mark 6 celica, but same story.

I was also thinking of a focus, but decided they were too generic. I wanted a car that was good looking, fun, reliable and not too common, and something i could insure. I was starting to give up hope

Next I wanted a mark 2 MR2, but again insurance was a killer due to RWD. Same for mark 1 MR2.

someone from the .org forums convinced me the ZS was the way to go. it had all the characteristics i was looking for, and not too expensive due to MG rovers demise. with a bit of research, and sceptical about it being "a crappy rover", i found myself wrong- underneath the car had a strong honda influence, independant suspension, tuned by MG engineers, and getting very good reviews (apart form interior build quality- i wasn't too bothered!)

After toying with the idea of a ZS, I drove into work, and saw my mates ZS parked up, and thought "**** it, I want a ZS"

The guy whos my mechanic (a mate of my dads) needed his computer fixing, i went round his house to fix it up, and we got on the subject of my next car. He said what are you after, I said a ZS, he said funny that, the local used car dealership has a one in, i'll give him a call and see if it's still for sale.

he said yeah, we can come down and have a butchers, so we did, and it was love at first sight! It didn't have the extreme spoiler, but I still thought wow, what a pretty motor! Looked mint, drivers seat a bit crinkly but aren't they all, no leccy windows or fogs which was disapointing but if i cared that much i can convert. I wanted it! Took it for a test drive, and was speechless.

3 days later I turned up, payment cleared, car freshly MOT'd by my mechanic and given the all clear, 12 months tax paid for by the garage. I drove it out the garage and to this day it remains one of my best moments.

what a cheesy ass story!

since I got the beast, I've got a nice extreme spoiler which mick kindly fitted, was a ******* to get off the original spoiler as the bolts came loose in the spoiler. No rear seats anymore. New xorst.

and my next car will be a 180 :yay::yay::yay:

afcbadam
21-04-09, 08:51 PM
my interior build quality is spot on. its 5 years old and doesnt have a single rattle, nothing has broken and every thing still fits like a glove. the only thing with the mk1 interior is its a little "old looking" but i like that. i think it add character, and who needs a flashy interior i have a 2.5 V6 to entertain me.

stamford
21-04-09, 09:13 PM
Nice story, just goes to show we don't need to spend alot to be happy and it's not just about buying a badge or keyring!

arwilson80
21-04-09, 09:14 PM
I like mine too... Makes a few people sit up who think that they'll just 'walk over' you on the road.

LozMachine
03-05-09, 09:12 PM
Nice looking motor, and nice to see a young'un latching on to what is a great car, (us oldies have been trying to keep it a secret ya know) :laugh: and if ya think things are good now ,wait till you sample the 180 :bow:

starfire039
03-05-09, 10:13 PM
don't tempt me mate, i am so desperate to get one.....!!

I'm gonna keep it until I can't give in to the temptation any longer, or until this one dies!!!!

stamford
03-05-09, 10:16 PM
A 180.........you know you want it! :laugh:

Jay-ZS+
03-05-09, 10:23 PM
Nice story mate glad your happy the 1.8 is still great fun. Its alright for the oldies on here but the insurance for us young uns on the 180 is killer. lol :laugh:

LozMachine
03-05-09, 10:32 PM
Nice story mate glad your happy the 1.8 is still great fun. Its alright for the oldies on here but the insurance for us young uns on the 180 is killer. lol :laugh:

Compare the Meerkat.com........ Simples ! :laugh: