PDA

View Full Version : De-Badged boot - Bear with me!

dvid
28-04-09, 02:10 PM
I know this has been done to death but I am starting to think I have made a bad decision!! :wacko:

Ever since I took the badge off the back I have been left with some gluey residue which just won't budge, tried a good wash and some bug and tar remover, any other ideas?! There is also an outline where the badge used to be so I dont know if again that's just residue crap I havent got off or damage :shutup:

Should I just get another badge and put it back on? Like a numpty I threw old one away or is there a miracle cure?

vinny1979
28-04-09, 02:16 PM
mine is the same! :(

R8NMG
28-04-09, 02:20 PM
I have replaced mine as the old one was peeling and just like you some of the residue will not be moved so I just stuck a new badge on top of it instead.

stevelou5
28-04-09, 03:24 PM
I took mine off had the same problem......back on it went!!!

afcbadam
28-04-09, 03:55 PM
roll a ball of blue tack over the glue, sometimes picks some up. and try heating it up with a hair dryer, makes it alot easier to get glue off things.

chriszs180
28-04-09, 04:20 PM
i T cut mine and it came off great after a good going over with a good wax and left for a few weeks the colour balanced out as well

stamford
28-04-09, 04:23 PM
Scratch-X is better for that level not T-Cut, another is a tar remover type but not sure on name.

Fudgepacker
28-04-09, 04:40 PM
what about the clay kit that might shift it

arwilson80
28-04-09, 04:43 PM
I'd try the clay and give it a good polish after... If it can move tar, sap, etc i'm sure it'll move glue residue.

Dan1971
28-04-09, 04:47 PM
I've used a bug cleaner from Halfords and some polish to get the badges that were on mine sorted.

I left the bug cleaner to soak into the glue for about 2-3 minutes then it practically just wiped off.

chriszs180
28-04-09, 04:49 PM
sorry should have put very light amount of t cut....

starfire039
28-04-09, 04:55 PM
I would try white spirit, I used it to get rid of some very very heavily dried on tree sap. Just remember to wash it away thoroughly.

afcbadam
28-04-09, 08:08 PM
i have never had any issues with t-cut. alot of people say its sand paper in a bottle but its always worked for me. i used turtle wax on mine the other day and it was crap. the bonnet looked orange.
can anybody recomend a good polish?? for a red car

shroonie29
28-04-09, 09:17 PM
i have never had any issues with t-cut. alot of people say its sand paper in a bottle but its always worked for me. i used turtle wax on mine the other day and it was crap. the bonnet looked orange.

Have you tried Super Resin Polish?

Shroon

afcbadam
28-04-09, 10:28 PM
Have you tried Super Resin Polish?

Shroon

no, is it ment to be good? whos it made by mate?

shroonie29
28-04-09, 10:39 PM
no, is it ment to be good? whos it made by mate?

Autoglym,has some fillers in to help cover minor swirls etc.

Shroon

wilko66
29-04-09, 06:44 AM
i got mine off with tar remover then a bit of super resin polish, there are no signs that there was ever a badge there :smile2:

Boot Hill Bandit
29-04-09, 11:25 AM

I use Autoglym on The Red Devil and if you take a gander in my gallery I think you will be satisfied enough to think she looks absolutely stunning :) (the car that is............not my ******* missus ;) )

Jim

Boot Hill Bandit
29-04-09, 11:28 AM
i got mine off with tar remover then a bit of super resin polish, there are no signs that there was ever a badge there :smile2:

If have found 5 litres of petrol and a box of matches can also remove and bug stains or any other small imperfections on a car. The results are amazing how deep it cleans :yes:

:look: joking.........as if I would do that to The Devil :spank:

Jim

afcbadam
29-04-09, 04:30 PM
i shall be trying that next. just washed the car with wash and wax it wet stuff and its came up pretty well.